|Tim Daly Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||March 1, 1956|
Tim Daly is an American actor and producer who is best known for portraying the character of Joe Montgomery Hackett in the sitcom Wings (1990–1997).
James Timothy Daly
Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Tim had attended The Putney School, an independent high school in Putney, Vermont. He had later attended Bennington College, a private liberal arts college in Bennington, Vermont. He had graduated from there in 1979 with a Bachelor of Arts degree.
- Father – James Firman Daly (Actor) (d. July 3, 1978)
- Mother – Mary Hope (née Newell) (Actress) (d. December 27, 2009)
- Siblings – Ellen Tyne Daly (Older Sister) (Actress, Singer), Mary Glynn (Older Sister), Pegeen Michael Daly (Older Sister)
- Others – Marissa Bataille (Daughter-in-Law), Georg Stanford Brown (Ex-Brother-in-Law) (Actor, Director), Kathryne Dora Brown (Niece) (Actress), Percifer Charles ‘Percey’ Daly (Paternal Grandfather), Dorothy Ethelbert Hogan (Paternal Grandmother), John Pierce Newell (Maternal Grandfather), Maria Hope St. Clair (Maternal Grandmother)
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tim has dated –
- Amy Van Nostrand (1982–2010) – Tim had started dating actress Amy Van Nostrand in 1982 and the couple got married on September 18, 1982. They have 2 children together – a son named Samuel Timothy ‘Sam’ Daly (b. March 24, 1984) (Actor) and a daughter named Emelyn Daly (b. 1989). After nearly 3 decades of wedlock, the couple had parted ways in 2010.
- Téa Leoni (2014-Present) – Tim had started dating his Madam Secretary co-star Téa Leoni in December 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irish, English, Scottish, and German descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped, wavy hair
- Affable smile
- Often sports a goatee
In early 2016, Tim was featured in a Public Service Announcement (PSA) TV commercial titled Who Pneu?. The commercial was aimed at raising awareness about the dangers of Pneumococcal Pneumonia and was created for WhoPneu.com in collaboration with the American Lung Association and the pharma giant Pfizer.
Tim Daly Facts
- Tim and actress Chandra Wilson were named the 2008 ambassadors for the Lee National Denim Day – a fundraiser benefiting the Women’s Cancer Programs of the Entertainment Industry Foundation (EIF), a Los Angeles-based non-profit charitable organization.
- In August 2008, he was named the co-president of the Creative Coalition, a liberal, politically active group formed by the members of the American film entertainment industry that works on issues such as health care reform and arts funding.
- His daughter, Emelyn Daly, had played the niece of his character Henry McCord in the political drama TV series Madam Secretary (2014–2019).
- In 2012, he had scaled the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro, the highest mountain in Africa and the highest single free-standing mountain in the world.
- In November 2013, he was present in the Virgin America first-class lounge at the Los Angeles International Airport when a gunman had opened fire, killing a U.S. government Transportation Security Administration (TSA) officer and injuring several other people. He had to stay put at the lounge, with other passengers, for about an hour before being safely evacuated.
- In January 2017, he had broken both his legs in a freak skiing accident while he was on vacation.
- During the 10th Annual LMGI Awards, Tim was honored with the “Humanitarian Award”.
Featured Image by Tim Daly / Instagram