|Mike Starr Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3½ in|
|Date of Birth||July 29, 1950|
Mike Starr is an American character actor and voiceover artist who is known for having played a variety of roles in shows and movies like Rock in The Last Dragon, Joe Mentalino in Dumb and Dumber, Tony in The Bodyguard, Angelo in The Young and the Restless, Roy Gelles in The Ice Harvest, Block in Jersey Girl, Frankie in Miller’s Crossing, Mickey Kinnear in EZ Streets, Frenchy in Goodfellas, George Weiss in Ed Wood, and Kenny Sandusky in Ed.
Flushing, New York City, New York, United States
Mike Starr attended Hofstra University located in Hempstead, New York.
Character Actor, Voiceover Artist
- Father – He worked as a meatpacker.
- Mother – She was a retail employee.
- Sibling – Beau Starr (Older Brother) (Actor)
Mike Starr is represented by Innovative Artists, Talent Agency, Santa Monica, California, United States.
6 ft 3½ in or 191.5 cm
95 kg or 209.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mike Starr has dated –
- Joanne Starr – He is married to Joanne and the duo parents 2 daughters and a son.
Race / Ethnicity
Mike Starr is of Polish descent on his father’s side and has Irish roots on his mother’s side.
- Frequently being cast as a thug, a henchman, or a bully
- Plays tough characters
- Imposing height
Mike Starr has done endorsement work for –
- Diet Pepsi (TV Commercial) (1997)
- Miller Lite beer (TV Commercial) (May 2009)
Mike Starr Facts
- He used to work as a bouncer and bartender.
- He appeared as Joe “Mental” Mentalino, a henchman suffering from a stomach ulcer who regularly takes medication for it, in the 1994 screwball comedy film, Dumb and Dumber, in which he co-starred alongside Jim Carrey, Jeff Daniels, Lauren Holly, and Karen Duffy.
- Mike Starr played the role of Tony in the 1999 made-for-television mystery crime-thriller film, Murder in a Small Town, in which he co-starred alongside Gene Wilder, Cherry Jones, and others.
- He worked with the likes of Tom Cavanagh, Julie Bowen, Justin Long, and Daryl “Chill” Mitchell in the comedy-drama television series, Ed, from 2000 to 2002. He was cast as Kenny Sandusky who is a lovable and loyal Stuckeybowl employee as well as a talented bowler.
- In April 2010, Mike Starr provided vocals to the character of Angry Bar Guy in an episode titled London Calling/Novelist of the adult animated comedy sitcom, The Life & Times of Tim.
- Originally, his family’s surname was ‘Dwiazda’ which means ‘star’ in Polish.
- He has done voiceover work for video games like SWAT 4, Fight Club, and The Darkness.
Featured Image by thepaparazzigamer / YouTube / CC BY 3.0