|Alan Alda Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||January 28, 1936|
|Spouse||Arlene Weiss Alda|
Alan Alda is an American actor, author, director, screenwriter, stage artist, and comedian who is known for playing Captain Benjamin Franklin “Hawkeye” Pierce in the CBS comedy-drama series M*A*S*H and Senator Arnold Vinick in the NBC political drama series The West Wing. He has also appeared in a variety of films including Marriage Story, Paper Lion, The Four Seasons, Canadian Bacon, To Kill a Clown, The Aviator, The Moonshine War, Crimes and Misdemeanors, The Longest Ride, The Mephisto Waltz, Everyone Says I Love You, Flirting with Disaster, Nothing but the Truth, Betsy’s Wedding, Bridge of Spies, and Same Time, Next Year. Alan Alda was honored with the Screen Actors Guild Life Achievement Award in 2019.
Alphonso Joseph D’Abruzzo
The Bronx, New York City, New York, United States
Alan Alda studied at Archbishop Stepinac High School in White Plains, New York. Later, he attended Fordham University in the Bronx and studied English. During his junior year, he got to study in Paris, act in a play in Rome, and perform with his father on television in Amsterdam.
He graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1956.
Actor, Author, Director, Screenwriter, Stage Artist, Comedian
- Father – Robert Alda (b. Alfonso Giuseppe Giovanni Roberto D’Abruzzo) (Actor, Theatre Artist, Singer, Dancer)
- Mother – Joan Browne (Homemaker, Former Beauty-pageant Winner)
- Siblings – Antony Alda (b. Antonio Joseph D’Abruzzo) (December 9, 1956 – July 3, 2009) (Younger Paternal Half-Brother) (Actor)
- Others – Antonio “Anthony” D’Abruzzo (Paternal Grandfather), Frances Tumillo (Paternal Grandmother), Michael Francis Brown (Maternal Grandfather), Agnes C. Dugan (Maternal Grandmother), Scott Alda Coffey (Grandson) (Actor, Producer)
Alan Alda has been signed with The Random House Publishing Group, Book Publisher, New York City, New York, United States.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth has been $50 Million.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Alan Alda has dated –
- Arlene Weiss Alda (1956-Present) – He met musician, photographer, and writer Arlene Weiss in 1956 while attending Fordham University. She attended Hunter College and the couple bonded at a mutual friend’s dinner party when a rum cake accidentally fell onto the kitchen floor and they were the only 2 guests who did not hesitate to eat it. He later stated that “We did eat the rum cake off the floor and were inseparable after that. But I was captivated by her even earlier in the meal when I heard her at the end of the table laughing at my jokes. She had me at Ha.” On March 15, 1957, they got married and have 3 daughters – Eve (b. December 12, 1958), Elizabeth Alda (b. August 20, 1960), and Beatrice Alda (b. August 10, 1961).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Italian descent on his father’s side and has Irish roots on his mother’s side.
- Thick, nasally voice
- New York Accent
Alan Alda has been cast in TV commercials for –
- Polaroid Pronto! Land Camera (1977-1978)
- Atari Home Computers (1982-1983)
- IBM Computers (1988)
- Cigna (2016)
He was raised a Roman Catholic.
Alan Alda Favorite Things
- Curse Word – Horse
- Episodes Of M*A*S*H (1972) – M*A*S*H: Dear Sigmund (1976), M*A*S*H: In Love and War (1977)
Source – IMDb
Alan Alda Facts
- He contracted polio at the age of 7.
- He was a member of the Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (ROTC) and entered the United States Army Reserve. He served for a year at Fort Benning and then 6 months as a gunnery officer in Korea.
- For his role in M*A*S*H, Alan Alda has won Primetime Emmy Awards and Golden Globe Awards.
- He has been friends with Shirley Jones, Faye Dunaway, Woody Allen, Michael Caine, Lily Tomlin, Samuel L. Jackson, Paul Rudd, and Jane Fonda.
- During an appearance on CBS This Morning on July 31, 2018, Alan Alda revealed that he had been diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease 3 years prior.
Featured Image by Moody College of Communication / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0