|Paul Rudd Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||April 6, 1969|
Paul Rudd is a multi-talented personality. He is an American actor, film producer, writer, and comedian. He started his career in 1992 with NBC drama series Sisters. For his contribution to the show business, he received a star (which was the 2,554th star) on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in July 2015. He publicly supports the not for profit organization named Stuttering Association for the Young (SAY). He has also been seen on NBC sitcom Friends and has hosted Saturday Night Live as well.
Paul Stephen Rudd
Passaic, New Jersey, U.S.
Manhattan, New York, U.S.
Paul Rudd has been to Broadmoor Junior High School and later to Shawnee Mission West High School. His family had always been traveling during his high school days which is why he had to change schools.
Rudd later majored in theater from the University of Kansas. Paul was also the Sigma Nu fraternity member at the university.
His next step after graduation was joining the American Academy of Dramatic Arts / West located in Los Angeles. In addition, Paul also spent three months for the Jacobean drama class at the British American Drama Academy located in Oxford, United Kingdom. And, while doing all this, he became a Bar Mitzvah disc jockey.
Actor, Screenwriter, Comedian, Producer
- Father – Michael (Former Vice President of Trans World Airlines, later historical tour guide) (Died from cancer)
- Mother – Gloria (Sales Manager at KCMO-TV television station located in Kansas City, Missouri)
- Siblings – Julie Rudd (Sister)
Paul Rudd is managed by Brillstein Entertainment Partners located in Beverly Hills, CA, U.S.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Paul Rudd has dated –
- Sarah Clarke – Paul had dated fellow future actor Sarah Clarke for a short while when she was studying at Indian University Bloomington.
- While at University, Sarah had dated Paul Rudd for a short while.
- Julie Yaeger (1998-Present) – Paul started dating TV producer, Julie Yaeger in 1998. The couple later married on February 23, 2003, in New York. In 2006, the couple had a son named, Jack Sullivan and in 2010, a daughter named Darby.
Race / Ethnicity
Paul has Jewish ancestry. Both of his parents are from London (Their ancestors came from Poland and Russia to England).
- Great sense of humor
- Delivers sarcastic and deadpan jokes
- Attractive eyes
- Paul Rudd did a voiceover for Hyundai commercials in 2014.
- He has appeared in several TV commercials for Miller Lite beer (1991), Super Nintendo (1991), and Sega (1992).
- In February 2013, alongside Seth Rogen, Bob Odenkirk, and LeBron James, he appeared in a Samsung commercial.
- In January 2022, Paul and Seth Rogen teamed up for Lay’s Super Bowl commercial.
- In February 2023, Paul was seen in Heineken 0.0‘s “Super Bowl” commercial.
Best Known For
Paul Rudd achieved fame with his roles in various movies like Clueless (1995), Wet Hot American Summer (2001), Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004), The 40-Year Old Virgin (2005), Knocked Up (2007), Role Models (2008), I Love You, Man (2009), This Is 40 (2012) and Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (2013).
Besides films, Paul is also known for his television appearances. He started performing in Sisters, an NBC drama in 1990s. He was also one of the cast members of the comedy sitcom Friends in which he took the role as Mike Hannigan.
He has also been a host at Saturday Night Live. His latest role as recorded in 2015 is that of Scott Lang / Ant-Man in Ant-Man featured by Marvel Studios.
Paul’s first movie appearance was as Jimmy in Runaway Daughters (1994). It was a TV film.
First TV Show
Paul Rudd’s first television appearance was in the NBC drama Sisters from 1992 to 1995, in which he played the role of Kirby Quimby Philby in 20 episodes.
Paul Rudd was personally trained by the professional celebrity trainer, Richard Louis during the shredding routine for his movie Ant-Man (2015). Richard trained Rudd 4-5 times a week for it.
Paul Rudd Favorite Things
- Football Team – Kansas City Chiefs
- Baseball Team – Kansas City Royals
- Country – Ireland
- TV Series – Lost (2004)
Source – IrishTimes.com, Wikipedia.org, IMDb.com
Paul Rudd Facts
- Paul Rudd had attended a class at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts with Matthew Lillard.
- Paul was a Bar Mitzvah disc jockey before he achieved success.
- Paul is close friends with Rob Thomas and Jon Hamm.
- In one episode of SNL, Paul has paid tribute to his father who had died of cancer.
- Paul had once thought of being a graphic artist or a painter.
- Paul’s original family name was “Rudnitzky” but, his grandfather altered it to “Rudd.”
- During the filming of Clueless (1995), he got mugged.
- Paul had to face another tragedy before the filming of the film Clueless (1995) when his friend was killed in a road accident.
- Paul was People Magazine’s Sexiest Man Alive 2021. Michael B Jordan was given the same title in 2020.