|Michael Caine Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||March 14, 1933|
Michael Caine is an English actor who is best known for portraying roles such as Ebenezer Scrooge in The Muppet Christmas Carol, Alfred Pennyworth in The Dark Knight Trilogy, Nicholas Urfe in The Magus, Charlie Croker in The Italian Job, Dr. Robert Elliott in Dressed to Kill, Nigel Powers in Austin Powers in Goldmember, Professor Stephen Miles in Inception, Professor Brand in Interstellar, and Arthur Tressler in Now You See Me 2. He has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Passport to Shame, Alfie, Sleuth, Get Carter, Too Late the Hero, Educating Rita, Beyond the Poseidon Adventure, Hannah and Her Sisters, Jaws: The Revenge, A Shock to the System, Little Voice, The Quiet American, The Prestige, Bewitched, Journey 2: The Mysterious Island, The Last Witch Hunter, Kingsman: The Secret Service, Tenet, Mandela and de Klerk, and many more. For his acting skills, Michael has been honored with numerous awards such as the Academy Award, BAFTA Award, and Golden Globe Award.
Maurice Joseph Micklewhite
Sir Michael Caine, Michael Scott, Michael Caine
Rotherhithe, Bermondsey, London, England
Leatherhead, Surrey, UK
Michael Caine has attended school till 1944 when he passed his eleven plus exam. He won a scholarship to join Hackney Downs Grocers’ School.
The actor then went to Wilson’s Grammar School in Camberwell, which is now known as Wilson’s School in Wallington, South London. Michael Caine left school at the age of sixteen, but he received a school certificate in six subjects before leaving.
Actor, author, singer
- Father – Maurice Joseph Micklewhite (Fish market porter)
- Mother – Ellen Frances Marie (née Burchell) (Cook and charwoman)
- Siblings – Stanley Caine (Younger Brother) (Actor), and David Burchell (Older Half-Brother)
Michael Caine is attached to 42 (Talent Agency), London.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
190 lbs or 86 kg
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sir Michael Caine has been romantically linked with –
- Giovanna Ralli – The actor had dated the Italian actress, Giovanna Ralli for a brief period in the past.
- Patricia Haines (1954-1958) – The couple fell in love and started dating in 1954. They got married but the failure to get better roles in films or TV for Michael Caine brought divorce soon. The couple was married in 1955 and was divorced by 1958. They have a daughter named, Dominique, who was born on August 14, 1957.
- Edina Ronay (1961-1964) – The Anglo-Hungarian fashion designer, Edina Ronay had dated Michael Caine for three years from 1961 to 1964.
- Sandra Giles (1964) – Actress Sandra Giles and Michael Caine were an item for a brief period in 1964.
- Natalie Wood (1966) – The film and television actress, Natalie Wood dated Caine for a brief span in 1966.
- Karen Steele (1966) – The actress and model, Karen Steele had a brief relationship with Michael Caine in 1966.
- Bianca Jagger (1968-1970) – The American socialite and actress, Bianca Jagger started dating Caine in 1968 and moved with Michael to England. However, the couple separated soon.
- Shakira Caine (1973-Present) – Michael Caine and the Guyanese-British actress, Shakira met at the “Maxwell House” commercial shooting. He considered Shakira Baksh to be one of “the most beautiful women he has ever met.” They married on January 8, 1973, and have a daughter together, named, Natasha Haleema (born – July 15, 1973).
Race / Ethnicity
Michael Caine has, reportedly, Irish Traveler ancestry from his father’s side.
- Cockney accent
- Tall and slim body
- Speaking manner
- Wears spectacles
Michael has appeared in the UK commercial of NSPCC in the year 1990.
In 2013, the actor was spotted in the Sky Broadband TV Commercial for UK.
Michael Caine has been brought up as Protestant, though his father was Catholic.
Best Known For
Sir Michael Caine is best known for his roles in both British and American movies. The best roles that the actor has been credited with are The Italian Job (1969), Alfie (1966), Get Carter (1971), The Ipcress File (1965), and Sleuth (1972).
He has also been credited with the roles in ‘The Dark Knight Trilogy’, ‘The Prestige’, ‘The Man Who Would Be King’, ‘Hannah and Her Sisters’ and ‘The Cider House Rules.’
Michael Caine first appeared in an uncredited role of a tea boy in the movie Operation Disaster (1950).
His next role was as a sailor in the comedy film Panic in the Parlour in 1956, which was again uncredited.
His first credited role was as a Private Lockyer in the war movie A Hill in Korea in 1956.
First TV Show
Michael Caine appeared as Third Knight in the episode “The Magic Sword” of the ITV’s series The Adventures of Sir Lancelot in 1956. For his role in this TV series, he was credited as Michael Scott, instead of Michael Caine.
Sir Michael Caine has been known for his lean and tall figure since his inception in films. He had maintained the look and figure through regular exercises and a healthy diet. Reportedly, the actor takes turmeric tablets every day to remain fit. He claims that he had come to know a lot about the benefits of Indian herbs through his wife and tries to apply the knowledge in his own diet.
Michael Caine Favorite Things
- Moisturizer – Crème de La Mer
- Aftershave – Sud Pacifique
- Suits – Douglas Hayward
- Shoes – Merrell and Tod’s
- Hobby – Reading books
- Movies – Casablanca (1942), The Third Man (1949), The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (1948), Charade (1963), The Maltese Falcon (1941)
- Music – Relaxed and chill-out
- Actor – Humphrey Bogart
- Team – Chelsea FC
Source – DailyMail.co.uk, BrainyQuote.com, Listal.com, IMDb.com
Michael Caine Facts
- He is an avid fan of chill-out music and had compiled a CD called ‘Cained’ in 2007 on the UMTV record label.
- As a singer, Michael Caine has sung for Little Voice (1998) and musical film The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992).
- The actor is also the author of the memoirs ‘What’s It All About?,’ published in 1992 and ‘The Elephant to Hollywood,’ published in 2010.
- The actor and his brother had an older half-brother from their mother’s side but did not know till the death of their mother. Their older half-brother, named David, was an epilepsy patient and had always been in the hospital.
- The actor has received six Oscar nominations and two Academy Awards for ‘Hannah and Her Sisters’ (1986) and ‘The Cider House Rules’ (1999) as best supporting actor. He has also received the prestigious BAFTA and Golden Globe Award for his performance in ‘Educating Rita’ (1983).
- Michael Caine has been nominated for an Academy Award for acting in every decade from 1960s to 2000s.
- During the Queen’s Birthday Honours in 1992, the actor received Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE). In the 2000 New Year Honours of the Queen, he was knighted as Sir Maurice Micklewhite CBE for his dedication to cinema.
- The actor has also received the honor of Commander of the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres, given by France’s culture minister, Frédéric Mitterrand in 2011.
- Michael Caine was addicted to cigarettes and had about 80 a day in the past. He quit smoking after a lecture by Tony Curtis.
- The Empire Magazine (UK) has ranked him #55 in the list of “The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time” in the past.
- The actor changed his name and took his present name from the film ‘The Caine Mutiny’ (1954).
- The Orange Film Survey placed Michael Caine at the fifth position of Greatest British Actors in 2001.
- Michael Caine has served as a soldier for British Army’s Royal Fusiliers. He had served at BAOR HQ in Iserlohn, Germany and Korea. He had a near-death experience during the Korean War. He left Army in 1954.
- The actor was angry at the then ruling party of England, the Labour Government of James Callaghan, for levying huge taxes on top earners. He left England in 1979 and returned in 1987 when England was under Margaret Thatcher.
- He was amongst the 50 Most Stylish Men in the Past 50 Years, credited by the GQ Magazine.
- Michael Caine is sympathetic toward homeless children and his charity also goes toward them. He is attached to NSPCC.
- In 2017, he was honored with the “Golden Plate Award” of the American Academy of Achievement.
- Check out his Michael Caine – Acting in Film: An Actor’s Take on Movie Making on Amazon.
- In July 2021, Michael launched a podcast from Audible called Michael Caine: Gangs that follows the stories of real-life gangs across the globe such as London’s infamous Kray twins and America’s Jesse James.
- In October 2023, Michael announced his retirement from acting.