Samuel Leroy Jackson
Sam, King of Cool, Mr. Cool
Washington, D.C., United States
Samuel went to many segregated schools before he graduated from Riverside High School in Chattanooga.
He then got enrolled at the Morehouse College in Atlanta to study Marine Biology.
He was expelled from college in 1969 as he protested against board members for the absence of blacks in the board of trustees. He rejoined Morehouse College, 2 years later to study acting and graduated in 1972.
Actor, film producer
- Father – Roy Henry Jackson
- Mother – Elizabeth Jackson (Factory Worker and supplies buyer for a mental institution)
- Siblings – Unknown
Samuel is represented by Anonymous Content.
6 ft 2½ in or 189 cm
94 kg or 207 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Samuel Jackson has dated
- LaTanya Richardson (1980-Present) – Samuel Jackson met actress LaTanya Richardson, while he was a student at the Morehouse College and she was studying at Spelman College in Atlanta. After dating for a brief time, they got married in 1980. She gave birth to a daughter Zoe Jackson in 1982 who later became a film and TV producer.
Race / Ethnicity
As per his DNA tests, he has ancestry of Benga Tribe from Gabon.
- Gapped tooth
- Wears round spectacles
His chest, waist and biceps measurements are unknown.
Samuel L. Jackson has done voiceover work for TV commercials for following brands –
- Garden Burger
- KFC restaurants
- Pontiac automobiles
- Americans for a Better Tomorrow
He has appeared in print ads for Reebok Classic athletic shoes.
Samuel has also starred in TV commercials for –
- Barclays Bank (UK)
- Krystal Burger
- NBA Finals for ESPN
- Virgin Media
- No on Prop. 8
- Project Safe
- Siri Date Night for the Apple iPhone 4S
- Bet365 online betting website (Australia)
- Capital One Quicksilver cash-back credit card
- Stand Up to Cancer and St. Baldricks
- Verizon’s Super Bowl commercial (2021)
Best Known For
- Having starred in the cult hit movies such as Pulp Fiction (1994), Django Unchained (2012) and Patriot Games (1992).
- Being cast in the role of Nick Fury in the movies set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
In 1972, Samuel appeared in Together for Days in the role of Stan.
First TV Show
In 1976, Jackson guest appeared in an episode of NBC drama series Movin’ On as Patrolman.
In 2014, he decided to switch to a vegan diet for health reasons. His vegan diet coupled with his regular gym sessions, helped him lose 40 pounds of fat. To prepare for his role in Marvel movies, he has made a conscious decision to adhere to his specially created workout plan.
Samuel L. Jackson Favorite Things
- American Soccer Club – Atlanta Falcons
- English Soccer Club – Liverpool FC
- Los Angeles Restaurant – In and Out Burger
- London Restaurant – Hakkasan, Wareing
- Meal – T-bone steak with chargrilled onions, a baked sweet potato, and roasted carrots.
- Basketball Teams – Toronto Raptors, the Harlem Globetrotters
- Irish Soccer Club – Bohemian FC
Samuel L. Jackson Facts
- At civil rights icon Martin Luther King Jr. funeral in Atlanta, he was chosen as one of the ushers. The same year, he was one of the students holding King’s father as a hostage in a protest at Morehouse College.
- After the Morehouse protest, he had to leave Atlanta for 2 years and move to Los Angeles after FBI warned his mother that Samuel might end up dead or in prison if he stayed in Atlanta.
- The Guinness World Records named him in 2009 as the highest grossing actor in the history of the industry with his movies (68 films till then) to have earned more than $7.4 billion in box office collections.
- In October 1997, the Empire Magazine UK placed him on #44 on the list of “Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time.”
- He got severely addicted to the drugs after playing the role of a drug addict in Jungle Fever (1991). He had to stay in drug rehab for two weeks.
- During his school days, he was quite accomplished at playing brass instruments such as trumpet and French horn and used to be in school symphony orchestras.
- He got into acting after a speech therapist suggested him to audition for a play to take care of his stutter. After participating in the play, he decided to change his graduation major.
- He loves to play golf and before signing up for any movie, he makes sure that the producers guarantee him all time access to the golf courses during shooting.
- While living in Los Angeles after his suspension from college, he used to work as a social worker.
- In 2006, the Premiere Magazine ranked his performance in Pulp Fiction on the #41 position on the list of “100 Greatest Performances of All Time.”
- On January 22, 2019, he revealed that he had received the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.