|Sandra Bernhard Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||June 6, 1955|
Sandra Bernhard is an American actress, singer, comedian, and author who is best known for his appearance as Nancy Barlett Thomas on Roseanne and as Nurse Judy Kubrak in Pose. Other than that, Sandra is also known for the stand-up comedy that she did during the ’70s in which she critiqued celebrity culture and political figures.
Sandra Gali Bernhard
Flint, Michigan, United States
New York, United States
Sandra’s acting mentor was comedian Jerry Lewis.
Actress, Singer, Comedian, Author
- Father – Jerome Bernhard (Proctologist)
- Mother – Jeanette LaZebnik (Abstract Painter, Sculptor, Photographer)
- Siblings – Dan Bernhard (Brother), David Bernhard (Brother), Mark Bernhard (Brother)
Sandra is represented by Jeremy Katz at The Katz Company and Lawrence Kopeikin at Morris Yorn.
She has released her music with Sony Music Entertainment.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Sandra has dated –
- Madonna (1985-1988)
- Sean Penn
- Sara Switzer – She and her long time partner Sara Switzer raised Sandra’s child Cicely Yasin Bernhard (b. July 4, 1998).
Race / Ethnicity
Sandra has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.
- Prominent jawline
- Plush lips
- Bulbous nose
- She has a gap in her front teeth
Sandra has appeared in the commercials for various brands such as –
- Biography Channel
- Twix Candy Bars
- Honda Scooters
- Bobbi Brown Cosmetics
Sandra Bernhard Favorite Things
- Person To Follow On Twitter – Paul Rudnick
- Thing That She Witnessed In 2019 – Interspecies friendships
- Thing To Do – Listen in on conversations
- Vacation Destination – London
Sandra Bernhard Facts
- She spent the first 10 years in Michigan before moving to Scottsdale, Arizona with her family. Later, at the age of 19, Sandra moved to Los Angeles, California to build her career.
- While living in Los Angeles, she worked as a beauty salon manicurist in order to pay her rent.
- Sandra is the only girl amongst 4 siblings and was brought up as a conservative Jew.
- Her parents parted ways after being married for 38 years.
- She is close friends with fashion designer Marc Jacobs.
- Sandra was a well-known name at The Comedy Store.
- She rose to prominence after being featured alongside the cast of The Richard Pryor Show in 1977.
- It was only in 1983, that she got her big break in the film The King of Comedy. Sandra was presented with the National Society of Film Critics Award for “Best Supporting Actress”.
- She is a strong supporter of gay rights.
- Sandra lived in the collective community of Kibbutz in Israel.
- In the past, Sandra posed n*de for Playboy magazine
- Sandra and singer and songwriter Madonna developed a close friendship with one another sometime in the 1980s. However, their friendship came to an end in 1992.
- She once stated in an interview that comedian Jerry Lewis was derogatory to her. Despite that, Sandra considers him to be a huge influence on her comedic career.
- Sandra is very fond of listening to the music genre Jazz.
Featured Image By Slomotion777 / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 2.5