|Luke Rockhold Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||October 17, 1984|
Luke Skyler Rockhold
Santa Cruz, California, United States
Luke Rockhold went to the Soquel High School. After graduating from school, he got enrolled in a local community college.
Mixed Martial Artist (Ultimate Fighting Championship Fighter)
- Father – Steve Rockhold (Played professional basketball in Europe) (Passed away in June 2016)
- Mother – Diana Rockhold (Former Avid Tennis Player)
- Siblings – Matt Rockhold (Older Brother) (Professional Surfer)
Luke Rockhold is represented by
- Zinkin Entertainment and Sports Management
- Soul Artist Management (New York based model management agency).
6 ft 3 in or 191 cm
88 kg or 194 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Luke Rockhold has dated
- Demi Lovato (2016-2017) – According to reports, Luke started going out with pop singer Demi Lovato in June 2016, just after her breakup from Wilmer Valderrama. They had met at the MMA gym in Los Angeles. They managed to keep their relationship secret for a couple of months. The rumors of them dating first started appearing in the tabloids in August. Soon after, it was reported that things had got serious and they had even got matching tattoos. They made their relationship public in November 2016 as they walked red carpet hand in hand at the UFC 205 at Madison Square Garden. However, by the turn of the new year, they had already broken up. Their separation came as a surprise as they had spent New Year’s Eve together and were spotted heading to the theatre on the New Year’s Day.
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall and athletic body
- Strong Jaw
Luke Rockhold has appeared in the TV commercials for
- American Ethanol
Best Known For
- Being one of the most popular middleweight fighters in MMA.
- Having become the world champion in MMA on two separate occasions.
First MMA Fight
In July 2007, he made his professional MMA debut against Mike Martinez as part of the Melee on the Mountain promotion. He won the fight in the first round via armbar submission.
First TV Show
Apart from the broadcast of various MMA fights and UFC competitions, he made his first TV show appearance in the reality series, The Millionaire Matchmaker as himself in 2015.
Luke is renowned for his discipline in the gym. He and his strength coach Joey Wolfe have prepared a customized workout routine that helps him prepare in the best way and allow him to recover at the same time.
He works out twice in the day on only two days in a week. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, he undergoes wrestling and grappling training in the morning and hits the gym for strength training in the evening.
On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, he spars, works on his footwork and performs agility drills. However, his routine isn’t set in stone and switches it up if he feels he has to focus on things differently.
For his strength training sessions, he trains at Wolfe’s training studio in Santa Cruz in California. They focus on enhancing his strength through full body workouts. The workout is built around compound movements that lay emphasis on the strong core. The plyometric exercises are also included in his workout to enhance his functional strength.
He also makes sure that he is eating right. Every day, he eats four clean meals and drinks two protein shakes. He usually tries to cook on his own but in case, he is too tired, he calls his nutritionist up. Also, he makes sure that he is sufficiently rehydrating his body after sweating buckets during his grueling workout sessions.
Luke Rockhold Favorite Things
- Dish – Filet mignon with golden sweet potatoes and seasoned kale sauté
Source – Bloody Elbow
Luke Rockhold Facts
- At the age of 6, he started taking training in judo. However, he decided to quit it by the time he turned 10.
- When he was in the 7th grade, he became a member of the school’s wrestling team. He participated in wrestling till he got into community college. While in college, he realized wrestling wasn’t suited to him.
- After quitting wrestling in college, he decided to pursue jiu-jitsu full time. Eventually, he competed in BJJ Tournaments before switching his attention to MMA.
- While training at the American Kickboxing Academy (AKA) in San Jose in 2006, he impressed AKA head coach Javier Mendez, who claimed that Rockhold would become a champion in the future.
- In 2011, he just managed to escape getting gored through his leg by a bull in a bull festival in Costa Rica. He had jumped into the ring to battle a bull and barely managed getting seriously injured.
- In his free time, he enjoys skateboarding and surfing. He even plans surfing trips to exotic locations to take a break from workouts and MMA fights.
- In 2015, he was expelled from the reality show, The Millionaire Matchmaker for making an inappropriate joke and having allegedly groping the staff member of the show.
- In November 2016, he had to pull out of his match against Ronaldo Souza at UFC Fight Night 101 due to an undisclosed injury.
- After he defeated Chris Weidman on December 12, 2015, to claim UFC Middleweight Championship, his hometown Santa Cruz decided to declare December 18 as Luke Rockhold Day.
Featured Image by 7leumas / Wikipedia / CC BY-SA 4.0