|Bert McCracken Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||February 25, 1982|
Bert McCracken is an American singer, songwriter, TV personality, and musician. He is best known as the lead singer-songwriter of the American rock band, The Used, which was formed in January 2001. Other members of the band included Jeph Howard, Dan Whitesides, Joey Bradford, Quinn Allman, Justin Shekoski, and Branden Steineckert.
Robert Edward McCracken
Provo, Utah, United States
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Before he dropped out of school at the age of 16, he briefly attended Timpanogos High School in Orem, Utah, United States.
Singer, Musician, Songwriter, TV Personality
- Mother – She was a schoolteacher.
- Siblings – Katie McCracken (Younger Sister), Rachel McCracken (Younger Sister), Melanie McCracken (Younger Sister), Joseph Taylor (Younger Brother)
Bert McCracken is represented by Richard De La Font Agency, Inc. (Talent Agent) in Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States.
Emo, Punk Rock, Alternative Rock, Post-Hardcore
Vocals, Trumpet, Guitar, Piano, Keyboard, Programming, Synthesizer
- Reprise Records
- Hopeless Records
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bert McCracken has dated –
- Kate – His then-girlfriend Kate was pregnant with his child when she died from a drug overdose in 2004.
- Kelly Osbourne (2002-2003)
- Allison “Ali” Schneider (2007-Present) – After a year and a half of dating, he married Allison on July 25, 2008. They have a daughter named Cleopatra Rose McCracken (b. 2014). Allison also gave birth to another daughter at some point.
Race / Ethnicity
He has also dyed his hair ‘Black’ in the past.
- Pointy nose
- Multiple tattoos
Bert McCracken Favorite Things
- Books – Gravity’s Rainbow (1973) by Thomas Pynchon, Infinite Jest (1996) by David Foster Wallace
- Book Genre – Post-Modern Fiction
Source – Kerrang
Bert McCracken Facts
- He grew in Orem, Utah, United States.
- Bert started to play the trumpet in a local band, I’m With Stupid, at the age of 12.
- His dad had a massive rock ‘n’ roll record collection. He listened to The Jackson 5, The Beatles, Heart, Journey, and Neil Diamond growing up.
- He was raised in a Mormon family. In his teens, his and his parents’ views conflicted, primarily regarding their conservative religion. He dropped out of school and moved out.
- Bert had a very self-destructive nature and was always very rebellious. He went to other churches and stopped eating meat just to rebel against his parents.
- Bert was homeless for a little while around the age of 16. Subway hired him to be a sandwich artist and his boss helped him find cheap housing in a local trailer park.
- The Used was initially called Dumb Luck. When they were signed to Reprise Records, they discovered the name Used was already trademarked by a Boston-based band, thus forcing them to add “The” in front.
- He always knew he would be a singer and wanted to tour in a rock band.
- Bert has struggled with alcoholism and drug addiction in the past. The song, Bulimic, from their 2002 self-titled album, is a reference to that.
- Bert credits Chester Bennington for saving his life in 2004 after the death of his girlfriend Kate. He came to his tour bus every single day and listened to him ramble and complain. Sometimes they smoked a joint together and sat in silence.
- He used to be a good friend with Gerard Way, the lead singer of the band My Chemical Romance, but they fell out in June 2005.
- The weirdest party experience he remembers is when he drunkenly put on a black dress. When he woke up, it was gone.
- He was an avid reader as a kid, influenced by his mom. After he got sober, Bert read Stephen King‘s novel Carrie and exchanged drinking alcohol for a new “addiction” – reading.
- Bert is not ashamed to cry if the response of the audience gets to him.
- One of his best friends, Tregen Lewis, committed suicide in 2016, after a week off anti-depressants. This event hugely influenced the lyrics he wrote for his band’s 7th studio album, The Canyon (2017).
Featured Image by Abby Gillardi / Flickr / CC BY-2.0