|Prince Joachim of Denmark Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||June 7, 1969|
|Spouse||Princess Marie of Denmark|
Prince Joachim of Denmark is 6th in the line of succession to the Danish throne and has also served in the military. He has also been honored with several titles and honors like Commander Grand Cross of the Order of the White Rose of Finland and Grand Commander of the Order of the Dannebrog (S.Kmd.).
Joachim Holger Waldemar Christian
Count of Monpezat
Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Kingdom of Denmark
Klampenborg, Copenhagen, Denmark
Prince Joachim of Denmark was educated as a private pupil at both Amalienborg Palace and Krebs’ Skole in Copenhagen. Later, he attended École des Roches in Normandy, France and in 1986, he graduated from Øregaard Gymnasium.
Afterward, he went to Den Classenske Agerbrugskole Næsgaard and studied Agrarian Economics.
Special Expert at Danish Defence
- Father – Henri de Laborde de Monpezat (June 11, 1934-February 13, 2018) (Prince Consort of Denmark) (Served in the French Army during the Algerian War, Worked in the Diplomatic Service)
- Mother – Margrethe II of Denmark (Queen of Denmark, Supreme Authority of the Church of Denmark and Commander-In-Chief of the Danish Defence)
- Siblings – Frederik, Crown Prince of Denmark (Older Brother)
- Others – Princess Benedikte of Denmark (Maternal Aunt, Godmother), Jean Baptiste de Laborde de Monpezat; the Crown Prince of Norway (later King Harald V) (Godfather), Princess Christina of Sweden (Godmother), Prince Christian of Denmark (Nephew), Princess Isabella of Denmark (Niece), Prince Vincent of Denmark (Nephew), Princess Josephine of Denmark (Niece)
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Prince Joachim of Denmark has dated –
- Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg (1995-2005) – He married Alexandra Christina Manley, later Alexandra Christina, Countess of Frederiksborg, on November 18, 1995, at Frederiksborg Palace Church in Hillerød, near Copenhagen. The duo was blessed with 2 sons – Prince Nikolai of Denmark and Prince Felix of Denmark. Later, the couple got divorced on April 8, 2005.
- Princess Marie of Denmark (2005-Present) – On May 24, 2008, he married Marie Cavallier, later Princess Marie of Denmark, in Møgeltønder Church. They had been first photographed together in 2005. The duo has 2 children – a son named Prince Henrik of Denmark and a daughter named Princess Athena of Denmark.
Race / Ethnicity
- Deep-set eyes
- High cheekbones
Prince Joachim of Denmark Facts
- With his christening on July 15, 1969, he became the first member of the royal family to have been christened outside of Copenhagen in Aarhus Cathedral located in Aarhus, Denmark.
- His official title in Danish is Hans Kongelige Højhed Prins Joachim til Danmark, Greve af Monpezat (His Royal Highness Prince Joachim of Denmark, Count of Monpezat).
- Apart from Danish, he is also well-versed in French, English, and German.
Featured Image by Frankie Fouganthin / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0