|Kim Cattrall Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6½ in|
|Date of Birth||August 21, 1956|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Kim Cattrall is an English actress, voice artist, and producer who is best known for playing Samantha Jones in the HBO romantic comedy-drama series Sex and the City (1998-2004), a role for which she received 5 Emmy Award nominations and 4 Golden Globe Award nominations (winning the 2002 Golden Globe for “Best Supporting Actress”). Her other television roles include playing Margaret Monreaux in the drama series Filthy Rich, Dee (voice) in the adult animated sitcom Producing Parker, Davina Jackson in the black comedy series Sensitive Skin, Brenda Beaumont in the drama series Queer As Folk, and Colleen Powell in the psychological thriller series Tell Me a Story. Moreover, Kim Cattrall has also been cast in movies like Police Academy, Masquerade, The Return of the Musketeers, Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, Honeymoon Academy, Above Suspicion, Sex and the City, Sex and the City 2, Meet Monica Velour, and Crossroads.
Kim Victoria Cattrall
Mossley Hill, Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
East Hampton, New York, United States
She attended the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art and Banff School of Fine Arts in Canada. She also went to a British Catholic school.
She graduated from the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York.
In 2010, Kim received Honorary Fellowship from Liverpool John Moores University. Later in 2018, she also received another honorary degree from the University of British Columbia.
Actress, Producer, Voice Artist
- Father – Dennis Cattrall (Construction Engineer)
- Mother – Gladys Shane (nee Baugh) (Secretary)
- Siblings – Lisa Cattrall (Younger Sister), Chris Cattrall (Younger Brother; Died in February 2018 via suicide), and one older sister who is a teacher.
- Others – William David Cattrall (Paternal Grandfather), Edith Mary Munslow (Paternal Grandmother), George Baugh (Maternal Grandfather), Marion Thomas (Maternal Grandmother)
Kim Cattrall has been signed with The Artists Partnership, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
Her net worth has been $40 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
62 kg or 137 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kim Cattrall has dated –
- Larry Davis (1977-1979) – Kim Cattrall and Larry Davis got married in 1977, but their marriage was invalidated in 1979.
- John Taylor – Kim had a short-term affair with the musician John Taylor (founder of New Wave band Duran Duran). This affair was mostly mentioned as a RUMOR.
- Bernard-Henri Levy – Kim had a brief affair with French public intellectual and author Bernard-Henri Levy.
- Daniel Benzali – Kim dated the American actor Daniel Benzali for a couple of months. The couple also got engaged but split soon after.
- Jonathan Silverman (1980) – In the early 1980s, Kim dated American actor Jonathan Silverman though little has been published about the couple and their short fling in public.
- Pierre Elliott Trudeau (1981) – Kim’s link up with the former Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Elliott Trudeau came into the public eye in early 1981.
- Andreas J. Lyson (1982-1989) – Kim married German architect, Andreas J. Lyson in 1982. It was Kim’s second marriage. Kim fled to Frankfurt, Germany with Andreas, where she also learned German. They ended their marriage in 1989.
- Timothy Hutton (1984) – She hooked up with American actor and film director Timothy Hutton in June 1984.
- Gerald Casale (1991) – After the collapse of her second marriage, Kim was also linked with the musician and founding member of the New Wave band Devo Gerald Casale in 1991 for a couple of months.
- Mark Levinson (1998-2004) – Kim dated Mark Levinson (Audio designer and jazz bassist) and got married in 1998. Mark was her third husband with whom she co-authored the book Satisfaction: The Art of Female Orgasm (2002). The couple called off their marriage in 2004.
- Bruce Willis (2003) – Kim dated American actor Bruce Willis in late 2003. The duo had also worked together in the 1990’s American comedy-drama The Bonfire of the Vanities.
- Alexander Siddig (2005) – Kim and Alexander co-starred in Who’s Life Is It Anyway? This was yet another short-lived relationship.
- Alan Wyse (2006-2009) – The actress dated Alan Wyse, a Canadian chef who was 22 years younger than Kim. They separated after three years in July 2009.
- Clifford Ross (2012) – She was romantically linked to artist Clifford Ross in 2012 and they were also spotted together at various events. However, she denied the dating rumors and stated that they were just friends.
- Russell Thomas (2016-Present) – She started going out with BBC employee Russell Thomas in the year 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
Kim has English and part Welsh ancestry.
Dark Brown (Natural)
She revealed in an interview that she is naturally a brunette but she dyes them in shades of blonde.
- Even sexier looks with growing age
- Deep sultry voice
34-27-36 in or 87-68.5-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
9.5 (US) or 7 (UK) or 40 (EU)
Kim has done TV commercials for Pepsi cola (2000), Tetley tea (2004), Nissan Tiida automobile (2006), Province of British Columbia Tourism (as herself) (2010), I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter (2011).
She has done print ads for Olay’s Total Effects Body Wash (2011 and advertised for Mario games on Nintendo 3DS (2012).
Best Known For
Kim Cattrall is best known for playing one in the foursome, the businesswoman Samantha Jones in HBO’s American romantic comedy series Sex and the City (1998-2004).
Kim won the Golden Globe Award (2002) for Best Supporting Actress for her character in the series.
As a teenager, she appeared in her debut movie Rosebud (1975), in which she played the role of Joyce Donovan.
First TV Show
Kim debuted on television with Universal Studios Quincy, M.E (1977) in Joy DeReatis Episode Let Me Light the Way.
Kim has a muscularly toned slim body for which she used to do massive sessions of heavy cardio before her routine workout.
After her physiotherapy, she replaced it with Fizzy Yoga and she believes with growing age it is suitable for her body. Yet she does intensive 2 hours sessions every day. Kim has always maintained a fitness regimen during all those years with her diet. She remains on a high-fiber diet, avoiding anything with added sugar.
Kim Cattrall Favorite Things
- Author – Rudyard Kipling
Source – IMDb
Kim Cattrall Facts
- Kim was 3 months old when her family migrated to Canada.
- Cattrall revealed in an interview that she booked the Pan Am Flight 103 in 1988, which she canceled minutes before departure. The flight crashed in Lockerbie, Scotland and she was saved.
- Kim Cattrall holds dual citizenship of Canada and Britain.
- In August 2009, Kim took part in BBC One documentary series Who Do You Think You Are? She discovered some facts about her maternal grandfather George Baugh who disappeared after leaving his family behind. She got to know he was in Australia.
- She is a supporter of Liverpool Football Club.
- Kim Cattrall was ranked in number 8th position by TV Guide on its list of 50 Sexiest Stars of All Time.
- Kim made her stage debut with Anton Chekhov’s Wild Honey in National Theatre, England in 1986.
- For The Bonfire of the Vanities (1990), she got nominations for a Razzie award for Worst Supporting Actress.
- She stated in an interview that her marriage to Mark Levinson was called off due to her role in Sex and the City because her husband didn’t like her to play that role.
- In 2001, Kim was named as one of People’s Magazine’s most intriguing people.
- Kim received a star on Canada’s Walk of Fame in Toronto in 2009.
- In 2022, she started playing Sophie (Future)/Narrator in the sitcom How I Met Your Father.
- She is a hat lover.
- Kim sometimes has sleep issues (insomnia) and is a light sleeper.
- Kim knows a little bit of German. She learned it during her relationship with Andreas J. Lyson in the 1980s.
- Kim likes drinking a strong cup of English tea. While making tea, she always puts milk first.
- She has a very big laugh.
- Kim is an Italophile, meaning she likes the customs and traditions of Italy including their food, fashion, landscapes, etc.
- She loves swimming.
- Kim likes the fictional character Crow T. Robot from Mystery Science Theater 3000.
- She loves reading fiction books, especially by female writers. She has read What’s Left of Me Is Yours by Singaporean-British writer Stephanie Scott.
- Kim loves writing short stories.
- Kim has published several books until now which have entered the New York Times best-seller list. Her books have also been published in many languages.
- She has also dyslexia – but mild.
- Kim gets emotional and cries while watching ice-skating contests on the television.
- Cattrall is good friends with French actress Isabelle Huppert.
- She bruises easily.
- In 2018, she was made the ambassador for Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew in London, alongside Judi Dench.
- She likes eating licorice ice cream.
- She has a fear of spiders, technically known as arachnophobia.
- She has never had a child in her life despite having over a dozen relationships.
- Kim supports a charity called Theirworld in London. It works to give the best start to a child in his life.