|Jennifer Grey Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||March 26, 1960|
Jennifer Grey is an American actress best known for playing Frances ‘Baby’ Houseman in Dirty Dancing (1987) and Jeanie Bueller in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (1986). She was also the winner of Dancing with the Stars (season 11) in 2010. She has more than 150k followers on Twitter, more than 200k followers on Instagram, and more than 100k followers on Facebook.
Manhattan, New York, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Jennifer attended the Dalton School in Manhattan and graduated in 1978.
She studied acting at the Neighborhood Playhouse School of the Theatre in Manhattan for 2 years.
- Father – Joel Grey (Actor)
- Mother – Jo Wilder (née Brower) (Actress, Singer)
- Siblings – James Grey (Younger Brother) (Chef)
- Others – Mickey Katz (Paternal Grandfather) (Comedian, Musician), Goldie Epstein (Paternal Grandmother), Israel Brower (Maternal Grandfather), Clara Rockoff (Maternal Grandmother)
Jennifer is represented by –
- United Talent Agency (California)
- Untitled Entertainment (California)
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jennifer has dated –
- Timothy Hutton (1982)
- Michael J. Fox (1986)
- Matthew Broderick (1987-1988)
- Johnny Depp (1989) – Jennifer was briefly engaged to actor Johnny Depp in 1989.
- William Baldwin (1988-1991)
- George Stephanopoulos (1992)
- Clark Gregg (2000-2020) – Jennifer married actor and director Clark Gregg on July 21, 2001. Their daughter Stella Gregg was born on December 3, 2001. However, the duo separated amicably in 2020 and their divorce became official on February 16, 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Ashkenazi Jewish (Russian, Lithuanian, Ukrainian, and Latvian) ancestry.
- Getting a nose job
- Tattoo on her left forearm
Jennifer has endorsed brands such as –
- Dr Pepper
- The Land
- Jon & Vinny’s
- Osea Malibu Skincare
- Star Paws Rescue
- Bark n’ B**ches
- Stumptown Coffee Roasters
- Big Gay Ice Cream
She grew up in a Jewish family. However, her current religious views are unknown.
Jennifer Grey Favorite Things
- Scenes From Dirty Dancing – The lake scene, slow dancing in the room
- Moment With Her Daughter Stella – Camping together in the summer of 2010
Source – YouTube, RedBookMag.com
Jennifer Grey Facts
- Her parents divorced in 1982. Her father, oscar-winning actor Joel Grey, came out as gay in 2015 at the age of 82.
- Just before the release of Dirty Dancing in August 1987, Jennifer and her boyfriend Matthew Broderick were involved in a car accident in Northern Ireland. Broderick erroneously drove on the wrong side of the road and collided into an oncoming vehicle leading to the death of 2 women. Grey suffered severe whiplash and Matthew badly injured his leg in the collision.
- She is close friends with her ex-boyfriend Michael J. Fox and his wife Tracy Pollan, who is Jennifer’s longtime school friend.
- Grey underwent rhinoplasty in the early 1990s which altered her look considerably. She later admitted getting the nose job was the worst mistake of her life as she became unrecognizable and lost several film projects as a result of it.
- She won the 11th season of Dancing with the Stars with her dance partner Derek Hough in November 2010.
- Grey is a cancer survivor and got a cancerous nodule removed from her neck in 2010 before it could spread. She is now 100% cancer-free.
Featured Image by Jennifer Grey / Instagram