|Gemma Chan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||November 29, 1982|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Gemma Chan is an actress known for portraying various important roles in popular TV series like Secret Diary of a Call Girl, Fresh Meat, and The Waters of Mars. She has done endorsement work for popular brands like Investec Derby Festival, UNICEF, and Amnesty International. She has a mild social media fan base with more than 100k followers on Instagram and more than 60k followers on Twitter.
London, England, United Kingdom
Kent, Canterbury, United Kingdom
Gemma completed her schooling from Newstead Wood School for Girls in Orpington in the London borough of Bromley. She later went on to complete her degree in law from Worcester College, Oxford. She then channeled her passion for acting and enrolled herself at the Drama Centre London.
- Father – He is an Engineer.
- Mother – Helen Born (Pharmacist)
- Siblings – She has a sister.
Gemma Chan is represented by Independent Talent Group Ltd.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Gemma Chan has dated –
- Jack Whitehall (2011-2017) – Comedian Jack met Gemma on the sets of Fresh Meat in 2011 and they instantly hit it off. The two began dating and moved in together. After 6 years together, the couple decided to call it quits in September 2017, due to their hectic work schedules.
Race / Ethnicity
Gemma has Scottish-Chinese ancestry on her mother’s side.
- Her smile
- Mole on the upper lip
Gemma has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Investec Derby Festival
- Amnesty International
Best Known For
Her portrayal of diverse Asian characters on various television sitcoms like Secret Diary of a Call Girl, Fresh Meat, Doctor Who, and The Waters of Mars.
Gemma made her theatrical film debut in the mystery-thriller When Evil Calls as Molly Nelson in 2006.
First TV Show
Gemma made her television show debut in the reality series Project Catwalk as a contestant in 2006.
Gemma has revealed that she is not fond of exercise. However, she ensures that her diet consists of iron, vitamins and lean proteins.
Below is what Gemma’s diet usually consists of –
- Breakfast – Orange juice with scrambled egg and bacon on toast, Peppermint or Green Tea
- Snacks – Nuts, Fruits, Coffee, Chocolate, and Minstrels
- Lunch – Beef Stroganoff with rice and salad with Apple Crumble and Custard
- Dinner – Cod Loin with Basil and Tomatoes with steamed beans
Gemma Chan Favorite Things
- Place – Ibiza
- Football Team – Arsenal
Source – Standard
Gemma Chan Facts
- For her role in the television series Humans, she attended synth school.
- She used to be a national level competitive swimmer.
- She learned ballet when she was young.
- Gemma learned how to play the violin when she was 14 years old.
- Her parents were skeptical when she decided to pursue her acting career, and her father refused to speak with her for 3 months.
- She admitted that she has not visited her parents’ hometown since she was 11 years old.
- She was very shy when she was in school.
- Gemma considers her primary schoolteacher to be her role model.
- Gemma decided to venture into modeling to pay her fees for drama school.
- Her maternal grandparents escaped from Communist China before the outbreak of the Cultural Revolution. They were the first family with Chinese lineage to set base in Greenock, Scotland.
- Follow Gemma on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Gemma Chan / Instagram