|Stana Katic Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||April 26, 1978|
Stana Katic is a Canadian-American actress and producer who is best known for portraying roles such as Kate Beckett in Castle, Agent Emily Byrne in Absentia, and Vera Atkins in A Call to Spy. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Pit Fighter, The Librarian: Curse of the Judas Chalice, Feast of Love, For Lovers Only, Quantum of Solace, The Spirit, Superman: Unbound, The Double, Lost in Florence, The Rendezvous, The Possession of Hannah Grace, The Handler, Brothers & Sisters, The Shield, CSI: Miami, Heroes, and many more. For her acting skills, Stana has been honored with numerous awards such as the TV Guide Magazine’s Fan Favorites Award and People’s Choice Award.
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
In 1996, Stana graduated from West Aurora High School in Aurora, Chicago, Illinois.
Post that, was enrolled at the University of Toronto.
From 2000 to 2002, Stana studied acting from DePaul University‘s Goodman School of Drama. Her acting coaching continued at Beverly Hills Playhouse acting school as well.
- Father – Petar Katić
- Mother – Rada Katić
- Siblings – Stana has 1 sister and 4 brothers.
She is signed with these agencies –
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment
- Third Hill Entertainment
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
63 kg or 139 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Stana Katic dated –
- Kris Brkljac (2007-Present) – Stana started dating business efficiency consultant Kris Brkljac in 2007. After dating for several years, she finally married him on April 25, 2015, in a private ceremony in Croatia. In June 2022, it was revealed that the couple had secretly welcomed their first child in the past.
- Nathan Fillion (2009-2012) – Castle co-stars Nathan Fillion and Stana were an item from March 2009 to December 2012.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Croatian Serb (also called Dalmatian) ancestry due to her parents.
She also has part Montenegrin ancestry.
34-25-35 in or 86-63.5-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
She has appeared in an Olay ad.
Best Known For
Playing Detective/Captain Kate Beckett in the ABC crime drama series Castle.
Stana debuted with the 1999 film Acid Freaks for her role as Annie.
First TV Show
In 2004, Stana guest appeared in the CBS crime series The Handler for her role as Mariella in an episode entitled “Bleak House.”
She stays fit by doing yoga in the morning. She prefers to do the sun salutation pose in yoga. It helps her to start her day with a good sign and makes her body more liquiditive-and-flexible.
Other things, she likes to do include hiking, and archery (for meditative purposes). In short, she loves finding new things to keep fit and stay away from boredom.
Stana Katic Favorite Things
- Fragrance – Vanilla Spice by Jo Malone
- Red Colored Lipstick – Rouge Dior Lipcolor (in Ara Red)
- Foundation – Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk UV foundation (in No. 7)
- Designers – Alberta Ferretti, Betsey Johnson, Giorgio Armani, Jil Sander, Valentino
- Mascara – Diorshow Blackout mascara
- Lip Balm – Dr. Hauschka’s lip moisturizer, Aquaphor
Source – NY Times
Stana Katic Facts
- Stana is sometimes mistaken for “Jacqueline” being her middle name. But, she has herself denied of this.
- Stana’s parents emigrated from Yugoslavia.
- Katic speaks all these languages fluently – English, Croatian, French, Italian, Serbian and Slovenian.
- She is a dual citizen of Canada and the United States.
- Horseback riding is one of her favorite timepass activities.
- Slim Keith, Lauren Bacall, Katharine Hepburn, and Madonna are her style icons.
- In Maxim’s “Hot 100” list of 2014, she was placed at #50.
- In 2010, she started a nonprofit project called “The Alternative Travel Project.”
- She does not appear in the “Cool Boys” episode of Castle which is the sixth episode of season 8 broadcast in November 2015.
- She takes interest in environmental issues.
- She has done voiceover work in video games for characters such as Talia al Ghul in Batman: Arkham City (2011).