|India.Arie Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||October 3, 1975|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
India.Arie is an American singer and songwriter known for being the sound behind many of the early 2000’s anthem songs. Her performances create an illusionary world for the crowd. Most of her songs are an inspiration or a message for the listeners and she believes that her vocal cords that can help in the illumination of the world. Most of her songs are based on wider issues like ace, religion, and self-love. Her words are a reflection of her inner self and its existence. She has won numerous awards including the Grammy Awards. She has a huge social media fan base with more than 800k followers on Instagram.
India Arie Simpson
Denver, Colorado, United States
She attended Savannah College of Art and Design and graduated in jewelry making.
- Father – Ralph Simpson
- Mother – Joyce Simpson
- Siblings – J’On (Elder brother), Mary A Martin (Younger Sister)
India.Arie was previously represented by Noreen Nalli.
R&B, Neo-Soul, Pop
- Motown Records (1999–2007)
- Universal Republic
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
India.Arie has dated –
- Musiq Soulchild – India.Arie reportedly dated singer Musiq Soulchild in the past.
- Chris Tucker (2007) – India was in a close romantic relationship with actor Chris Tucker in 2007.
Race / Ethnicity
She has African-American (including Guinea-Bissauan, Sierra Leonean, and Liberian) ancestry.
- Expressive eyes
- Her way of speaking is very engaging.
Best Known For
Releasing popular songs such as Ready for Love, Little Things, Purify Me, Beautiful Flower, and Steady Love
She released her first album titled Acoustic Soul on March 27, 2001.
She made her feature film debut as Lateefah in Pastor Brown in 2009.
First TV Show
She made her TV show debut on the documentary series Music in High Places in 2000.
- Her name is a tribute to Mohandas Gandhi from India, as her due date was October 2, 1975.
- Her mother was a singer and her father was a basketball player. After her parents were divorced, India moved to Atlanta, Georgia at the age of 13.
- She belongs to a family of artists. Most of her family members know to play various instruments.
- As of August 2019, she has been nominated 21 times for Grammy in her career and has won 4.
- She has collaborated with various artists from the music industry like Carlos Santana, Adele, Erykah Badu, Stevie Wonder, and Joe Sample.
- Most of her songs speak about self-love. She has turned out to be an inspiration for many people.
- Her mother is her stylist and she designs many of her dresses for the performances to showcase her African culture. India beautifully carries her African-American personality and is proud of the same.
- Her albums are often inspired by a political or a cultural matter like her single Breathe, released in 2016 is a tribute to the Black Lives Matter Movement.
- Visit her official website @ soulbird.com.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by ultra 5280 / Flickr / CC BY-2.0