|Lauren Bacall Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7¾ in|
|Date of Birth||September 16, 1924|
|Date of Death||August 12, 2014|
Lauren Bacall was an American actor, stage actor, voice artist, model, and radio personality who was one of the last surviving major stars from the Golden Age of Hollywood cinema. She received an Academy Honorary Award from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in 2009.
Betty Joan Perske
Lauren Bacall, The Look, Betty
She was born on September 16, 1924.
On August 12, 2014, Lauren Bacall died after suffering a massive stroke at the age of 89 in New York City, New York, United States.
Forest Lawn Memorial Park, Glendale, California, United States
New York City, New York, United States
She lived in an apartment in The Dakota, the Upper West Side building near Central Park in Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States.
Lauren Bacall studied at the Highland Manor Boarding School for Girls in Tarrytown, New York. She also attended Julia Richman High School in Manhattan.
Actor, Stage Actor, Voice Artist, Model, Radio Personality
- Father – William Perske (1889–1982) (Worked in sales)
- Mother – Natalie (née Weinstein-Bacal) (1901–1969) (Secretary)
- Siblings – She was an only child.
- Others – Hyman “Herman” Perske (Paternal Grandfather), Rebecca “Betsey/Betsy/Bessie” Frankel (Paternal Grandmother), Max/Maximillian Weinstein/Weinstein-Bacal (Maternal Grandfather), Sophie/Sofia Josipovici (Maternal Grandmother), Shimon Peres (born Szymon Perski) (Relative) (Served as the 8th prime minister of Israel from 1984 to 1986 and from 1995 to 1996 and as the 9th president of Israel from 2007 to 2014), Jasper (Grandson), Calvin (Grandson), Sebastian (Grandson)
Lauren Bacall was signed with Paradigm Talent Agency, Talent and Literary Agency, New York City, New York, United States.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth was $50 Million at the time of her death.
5 ft 7¾ in or 172 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lauren Bacall had dated –
- Burgess Meredith
- Moss Mabry
- Kirk Douglas
- Luis Miguel Dominguín
- Emanuel Ungaro
- Harry Guardino
- Jack Sadler (1942) – She had an affair with Jack Sadler in 1942.
- Humphrey Bogart (1945-1957) – Lauren Bacall married actor Humphrey Bogart on May 21, 1945, with their wedding and honeymoon taking place at Malabar Farm, Lucas, Ohio. They had 2 children – a son named Stephen Humphrey Bogart (b. January 6, 1949) and a daughter named Leslie Howard Bogart (b. August 23, 1952). The couple remained together until his death in 1957.
- Adlai Stevenson (1952) – It is RUMORed that she had an encounter with politician and diplomat Adlai Stevenson in 1952.
- Frank Sinatra (1957-1958) – In April 1957, Lauren Bacall started dating singer and actor Frank Sinatra and he eventually proposed to her. The relationship soon ended in 1958 and she revealed in her autobiography Lauren Bacall by Myself that Sinatra ended the relationship after becoming upset that his marriage proposal had been leaked to the press as he believed Bacall was responsible for it. However, it was her friend Irving “Swifty” Lazar who revealed the news.
- Anthony Franciosa (1959)
- Jason Robards Jr. (1960-1969) – She became romantically involved with actor Jason Robards in 1960 and they married on July 4, 1961, in Ensenada, Mexico. They had a son named Samuel Prideaux Robards (b. December 16, 1961). The duo divorced in 1969.
- Len Cariou (1970-1973)
- James Garner (1979) – RUMOR
Race / Ethnicity
Lauren Bacall was of Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
Deep husky voice
She was cast in TV commercials for –
- Carnival Cruise Lines (voiceover)
- “Tuesday Morning” retail store (the 1970s)
- Ford Fairmont Futura coupe and sedan (1979-1983)
- High Point Decaffeinated Coffee (the 1980s)
- Fancy Feast cat food (voiceover) (the 1990s)
- Arby’s roast-beef restaurants (1998)
Lauren Bacall Facts
- She was 5 years old when her parents divorced.
- She co-starred as Hannah Morgan in the 1996 romantic comedy-drama film The Mirror Has Two Faces and this got her nominated for an Academy Award for “Best Supporting Actress”.
- She was a staunch liberal Democrat and described herself as “anti-Republican… A liberal. The L-word” in an interview with Larry King in 2005.
Featured Image by Unknown Author / eBay / Public Domain