|Dominic Cooper Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¾ in|
|Date of Birth||June 2, 1978|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Dominic Cooper is an English actor who is best known for portraying roles such as young Howard Stark in Captain America: The First Avenger, Jesse Custer in Preacher, Sky in Mamma Mia!, Dino Brewster in Need for Speed, and Julius in The Princess. He has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as The Gentleman Thief, The History Boys, Breakfast on Pluto, Brief Interviews with Hideous Men, The Duchess, An Education, My Week with Marilyn, Dead Man Down, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, The Lady in the Van, Dracula Untold, Warcraft, Sense and Sensibility, Spy City, Agent Carter, and many more. His theatre credits include plays like Phèdre, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, and The Libertine. For his acting skills, Dominic has been nominated for numerous awards such as the British Independent Film Award, London Critics’ Circle Film Award, and Screen Actors Guild Award.
Dominic Edward Cooper
Greenwich, London, England
Dominic went to John Ball Primary School in Lewisham, London and then to Thomas Tallis School in Kidbrooke, London.
In 2000, he graduated from the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA).
- Father – Brian Cooper (Auctioneer)
- Mother – Julie (née Heron) (Nursery school teacher)
- Siblings – James Cooper (Brother)
- Others – E.T. Heron (Maternal great-grandfather) (Publisher; Film enthusiast)
Markham, Froggatt & Irwin
5 ft 9¾ in or 177 cm
71 kg or 156.5 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dominic Cooper dated –
- Joanna Carolan (1996-2008) – For a long time, Dominic Cooper dated actress Joanna. They started dating in 1996 and continued their relationship until 2008. But, the relationship ended when Joanna found that Cooper cheated on her.
- Amanda Seyfried (2007-2010) – Dominic found love with Amanda Seyfried in 2007 when they both acted in the film Mamma Mia! (released in 2008). In May 2010, the stars separated, saying that they are taking a break.
- Ruth Negga (2009-2018) – In 2009, Dominic and Ethiopian-Irish actress Ruth Negga played lovers in the play Phedre in the National Theatre in London after which they started dating each other. In April 2018, they separated after remaining together for 9 years.
- Gemma Chan (2018-Present) – Dominic started dating actress Gemma Chan in 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
Thin body frame
He is speculated to be wearing a shoe of size 10 (US).
He has appeared in a Durex condom commercial in 2001 / 2002 and a tango TV advertisement also.
Later in October 2014, he advertised for IBM Cloud by appearing in their several commercials like “The College Lecture,” and “The Hamster.”
Best Known For
Playing Dakin in the 2006 dramedy film The History Boys, as Charles Grey, 2nd Earl Grey in the 2008 drama film The Duchess, as Howard Stark in the 2011 superhero film Captain America: The First Avenger.
Cooper appeared in the 2001 American horror mystery film From Hell for his role as a constable.
First TV Show
Cooper played the role as Sidney Davidson in the Hallmark Channel’s The Infinite Worlds of H. G. Wells in an episode titled “Davidson’s Eyes”. It was a mini-series, where only 6 episodes were broadcasted.
Dominic Cooper Facts
- Dominic also auditioned for the role of Fandral in the movie Thor, but it went to Josh Dallas.
- Actor James Corden and Dominic are good friends. Dominic also lived with him in his house for a short time. They both acted in the 2006 film The History Boys.
- He is good at ping pong as per his Twitter profile.
- Cooper replaced English actor Orlando Bloom in the 2009 film An Education.
- He auditioned for the lead role of Anton in the 2009 film The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus but it finally went to Andrew Garfield.
- Cooper was also banned from LAMDA in its final year musical for having no sense of rhythm.
The Dating section is lacking the fact that he’s been dating actress Ruth Negga (who’s also co-starring with him in the upcoming TV series Preacher and the movie Warcraft) for the last few years.