|Chris Tucker Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||August 31, 1971|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Chris Tucker is an American actor and stand-up comedian who came into the limelight through his stand-up comedy performances in the HBO TV series Def Comedy Jam in the 1990s. His acting breakthrough arrived with the role of Smokey in the 1995 stoner film titled Friday and he shot to global recognition for his portrayal of Detective James Carter in the action-comedy film franchise Rush Hour, where he co-starred with Jackie Chan. For his portrayal of Danny McDaniels in the 2012 romantic-comedy-drama film Silver Linings Playbook, he won the Broadcast Film Critics Association’s award for ‘Best Cast’.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
He splits his time between –
- Atlanta, Georgia, United States
- Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
- Los Angeles, California, United States
Chris graduated from the Columbia High School in DeKalb County, Georgia.
Actor, Stand-up Comedian
- Father – Norris Tucker (Businessman, Janitorial Service Owner)
- Mother – Mary Louise (née Bryant) Tucker
- Siblings – Dexter Tucker (Older Brother) (Actor, Comedian, Writer, Producer), Tammye Stocks (Sister), Darryl Jones (Older Brother), Norris Tucker, Jr. (Older Brother), Lacretia Tarver (Sister)
- Others – Deacon Charlie Sims (Paternal Grandfather), Sara Sims (Paternal Grandmother), Theodore Arthur Bryant, Jr. (Maternal Grandfather), Flora B. Robinson (Maternal Grandmother)
Blue Comedy, Black Comedy, Insult Comedy, Observational Comedy
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
81 kg or 178.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Chris has dated –
- Gelila Asres
- Nia Long
- Kelly Rowland – Rumor
- Azja Pryor (1997-2003) – Chris and American casting director Azja Pryor got married in 1997 and were separated in 2003. They have a son together named Destin Christopher Tucker (b. 1998).
- Vanessa Mendoza (2005)
- India Arie (2007)
Race / Ethnicity
He is primarily of Sub-Saharan African descent and distant Native American descent. His patrilineal ancestry has been traced back to the Ambundu ethnic group of Angola and one line of his mother’s ancestry has been traced back to the Bamileke native group of Cameroon.
- Short-cropped hair
- Sports a trimmed goatee
- High-pitched voice
- Affable smile
Chris Tucker Facts
- He was a master impersonator in his schooldays and just after his high school graduation, he moved to Los Angeles to pursue a career in comedy.
- Before he became globally popular with the 1998 action-comedy film Rush Hour, he had also had a starring role in a similar film in the spy comedy genre which was titled Double-O-Soul. However, the film was never released.
- He has been featured in the music videos of several internationally-acclaimed musical artists, including Michael Jackson‘s You Rock My World (2001), Tupac Shakur‘s California Love (1995), and Mariah Carey‘s Shake It Off (2005).
- In 2014, he settled a tax debt worth USD 2.5 million with American revenue and legal authorities. One of his representatives at that time pinned the blame on poor accounting and management.
- He is also involved in humanitarian and charitable activities around the world and is the founder of The Chris Tucker Foundation which helps underprivileged and impoverished children.
Featured Image by Chris Tucker / Instagram