|Matthew Koma Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¼ in|
|Date of Birth||June 2, 1987|
Matthew Koma is best known for his work as a songwriter. As a songwriter, he has worked with popular music artists and bands such as Sebastian Ingrosso, Tiësto, Steve Aoki, Miriam Bryant, OneRepublic, and Shania Twain. He has achieved tremendous success for his work with Zedd. The single, Clarity, which was written by him, was performed by Zedd and went on to win a Grammy Award. He has also been subjected to widespread attention because of his relationship with actress and singer, Hilary Duff.
Seaford, New York, United States
Matthew Koma went to Seaford High School in his hometown.
Singer, Songwriter, DJ, Record Producer
Matthew Koma is represented by –
- Watchdog Management
- Matt Oliver of Infamous PR
Pop, Punk Rock, EDM, Hip-Hop
Cherrytree, Interscope, RCA Records
5 ft 9¼ in or 176 cm
69 kg or 152 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Matthew Koma has dated –
- Carly Rae Jepsen (2012-2015) – In the summer of 2012, Matthew started going out with the singer, Carly Rae Jepsen. They had grown close while working on her studio album, Kiss. He had worked as a writer on 7 songs from the album. However, they decided to head in separate directions in 2015.
- Emily Kinney (2014) – In 2014, he was rumored to be going out with the actress, Emily Kinney. It was claimed that they were seen together out on dates on a couple of occasions.
- Hilary Duff (2017, 2017-Present) – At the start of 2017, Matthew started going out with actress and singer, Hilary Duff. However, their relationship was on and off in nature during the first year. They even broke up for the first time in March 2017 and by the end of December, they were giving their relationship a shot for the 3rd time. They had previously collaborated in 2015 for her music album, Breathe In. Breathe Out. In October 2018, they welcomed a girl named, Banks Violet Bair who was Hilary’s 2nd child and Matthew’s 1st child. They sealed their relationship by getting engaged in May 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.
Often ties a bandanna around his head
Matthew Koma was featured in the ‘Rediscovered’ video series created by the Kia Motors. In the video posted in January 2015, he recorded the cover of The Miracles‘ single, The Tracks of My Tears.
Best Known For
- Having contributed soundtracks to the popular TV series such as Glee, Dancing with the Stars, The Vampire Diaries, and Hawaii Five-0
- Having penned Zedd‘s Grammy Award-winning single, Clarity. He has also written Zedd’s single, Spectrum, which was featured at the top of US Dance Club Songs (Billboard) chart.
- Having written songs for the established music artists such as Tiesto, Sebastian Ingrosso, Carly Rae Jepsen, Shania Twain, and 5 Seconds of Summer
As a Singer
In May 2012, he released his first EP, Parachute, which was produced by Interscope Records.
He has also released a couple of singles out of which Kisses Back has been the most popular. It particularly did well in Poland and was certified as gold.
In 2010, he made his theatrical film debut in the action horror movie, Denizen.
First TV Show
In 2014, Matthew Koma made his first TV show appearance as himself in the talk show, Good Morning America.
Matthew relies on his regular yoga sessions to keep himself in the right shape. He often joins his partner Hillary Duff for the yoga workouts. They have often been spotted heading to the yoga studio together.
Matthew Koma Favorite Things
- Inspirations – Elvis Costello, Stephan Jenkins, Bruce Springsteen
Source – Wikipedia
Matthew Koma Facts
- When he started his music career, he focussed mainly on punk rock. He later transitioned to pop, hip-hop, and EDM.
- Early in his career, he had collaborated with music artists such as Hardwell, Zedd, Alesso, Steve Aoki, Sebastian Ingrosso, and Miriam Bryant.
- After watching his acoustic performance of She, the record producer Jimmy Iovine decided to sign him to his record label, Interscope Records.
- In 2012, Matthew was roped in by the electronic duo, LMFAO, for Sorry For Party Rocking worldwide tour. He also joined Owl City for their music tour.
- In the spring of 2012, Ellie Goulding asked him to support her during her music tour of Europe.
- In 2017, he revealed that he had previously struggled with an eating disorder. He also revealed that because of his disorder, his heart rate went so dangerously low at one point that he had to undergo emergency surgery to install a pacemaker.
- Visit his official website @ matthewkoma.com.
Featured Image by Matthew Koma / Instagram