|Emily Kinney Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4.5 in|
|Date of Birth||August 15, 1985|
Emily Kinney, a multi-talented personality who is a singer, songwriter, and actress, has appeared on the shows like The Walking Dead, Arrow, The Flash, etc. Emily started her acting career in 2006 and later in 2011, also commenced singing.
Emily Rebecca Kinney
Wayne, Nebraska, USA
- Manhattan, New York City
- Also frequently travels to Los Angeles, California
While Emily was growing up, her parents switched their city of residence many times. Hence, she did not study in one school for long.
She enrolled at Nebraska Wesleyan University for a Bachelor’s degree in theatre and studied one semester at New York University.
She graduated in 2006.
Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Model
- Father – Vaughn Kinney (Agronomist)
- Mother – Jeanne Kinney née Mullally (Accountant)
- Siblings – Sara Elizabeth Kinney (Older Sister), Katy Grace Kinney (Younger Sister)
- Others – JB Bogolia (Brother-in-law)
She is signed with these agencies –
- Paradigm Talent Agency
- Anonymous Content Production & Management Company
- Frankfurt Kurnit Klein & Selz Law Firm, NYC
Vocals, Guitar, Piano
- Scrumptious Music
- Em-K Music
5 ft 4.5 in or 164 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Emily keeps her dating life private and has never officially confirmed her relationships. She has been linked with –
- Michael Zegen (2012) – Emily and fellow actor, Michael were frequently seen in public together and possibly connected upon meeting on the sets of season 2 of The Walking Dead.
- Jon Siebels (2012) – Emily was also rumored to be dating the lead guitarist of the band Eve 6, Jon Siebels, in 2012.
- Matthew Bair aka by stage name Matthew Koma (2014) – Emily’s interaction with the singer, DJ, record producer, Matthew Bair on social media sparked relationship rumors.
- Norman Reedus (2013-2015) – The chemistry between Emily’s character Beth and Norman’s onscreen character, Daryl massively appealed to the audience of The Walking Dead. The fans of the show desperately wanted the two characters to play each other’s love interest and their aspirations for the show often blurred into real life rumors that the two actors might be dating. Norman indirectly denied dating Emily on his official Twitter account.
- Ryan Adams (2015) – Emily expressed a fondness for singer David Ryan Adams’ songs on social media. Her girl crush posts implied infatuation. Those social media posts were later deleted but it caused enough stir to make some people guess that the two musicians might have dated each other.
- Giovanni Cianci (2016–2017) – She accidentally mentioned her boyfriend’s name, Gio in a Buzzfeed interview who turned out to be music producer Giovanni Cianci. He works for The Late Show with Stephen Colbert. Giovanni shared on his Instagram that he welcomed and celebrated 2017 New Year with Emily Kinney in Cabo, Mexico which was the last online update of their relationship.
- Paul McDonald (2017-Present) – Judging by their Instagram activity, fans estimated that the two musicians started dating each other in the second half of 2017. Paul is a former American Idol contestant and ex-husband of actress Nikki Reed. Apart from dating, he also formed a new band with Emily Kinney called The Sweetheart Deal.
Race / Ethnicity
- Heart shaped face with prominent, big eyes
- Slender, petite build
- Resembles Irish actress Evanna Lynch
There is no available record of her endorsements.
Her religious beliefs are not confirmed but possibly raised Christian.
Best Known For
Playing the character of Beth Greene in The Walking Dead from 2011 to 2015.
Emily released her debut studio album This Is War in October 2015.
Before this, she had released two EPs – Expired Love (2013, 2014) and Blue Toothbrush (2011).
Emily was cast as a waitress in the romantic comedy film It’s Complicated (2009).
First TV Show
In 2007, Emily played the role of Tamara Bailey in the short comedy series Hot for Teacher.
- Emily’s Twitter bio claims that she loves swimming.
- In an interview with PopSugar, she revealed that she likes to learn small new skills such a hula-hooping during downtime from acting.
- Additionally, she takes up yoga, running and visits to the gym during offseason to stay fit.
- When faced with a packed schedule, Emily likes to wake up early every day to perform a 20 minute routine of stretches, yoga poses, lunges and abs exercises without fail.
- She is a vegetarian and does not consume meat. Emily also depends a lot upon coffee for energy.
- Emily uses a fake tan for TV shows and protects her skin when filming outdoors with a thick sunscreen containing zinc.
Emily Kinney Favorite Things
- Alcoholic Beverage – Vodka Soda
- Beverage – Coffee
- Standard Response – Cool
- Comedy Movie – Elf (2003)
- Pizza Toppings – Mushrooms, Black Olives
- Curse Word – F***
- Emoji – Red Balloon and Rocket Ship
- City to Live in – New York City
- Horror Film – Scream (1996)
- Halloween Costume – Dressing up as a Magic 8 Ball, dressing up as Kesha
- Band – Frightened Rabbit
- New York Café – Caffe Storico
- Hangout Places in NYC – East Village, Lower East Side at Rockwood Music Hall, Mercury Lounge and Arlene’s Grocery
- NYC Bakery – Treat House at 452 Amsterdam Avenue
- Toiletry – Peppermint Bath oil
- Make-Up Essentials – Stila tinted moisturizer, MAC undereye concealer, Black nail polish
- Fragrance – Jurlique’s Rose Body oil, Marc Jacobs Daisy, See by Chloé
Source – BuzzFeed, IMDb, InStyle, MonkeysFightingRobots.co, Refinery29, Refinery29
Emily Kinney Facts
- Emily discovered her love for acting in early childhood by frequently performing various songs for her parent’s entertainment because they were fond of music.
- She entered her first talent show despite her mother’s disapproval to achieve second place by singing My favorite things from The Sound of Music and lost to a tap dancer.
- Emily entered the same talent show the following year with her parent’s support and came first by singing the hymn Jesus Loves Me.
- She acted in 20 stage productions during her four years of college.
- Emily thoroughly enjoyed her initial struggle of networking as an actress / musician by working in Brooklyn, NYC coffee shops because she is addicted to coffee.
- She accidentally got her first break as an actress in a Broadway production called Spring Awakening (2008) after one of the cast members dropped out.
- Emily finds fulfillment in any kind of writing exercise. She blogged for Backstage website in unscripted actor blogs for two years.
- She was cast in The Walking Dead at the age of 25 in 2011 to play the role of a 16-year-old.
- The Walking Dead writers made Emily’s singing abilities part of her character on the TV show upon discovering her musical talent. She also collaborated with her co-star, Lauren Cohan for the single The Parting Glass included in The Walking Dead: Original Soundtrack album.
- Emily never travels without her guitar.
- The actress decided to take up singing as a daily ritual to help her get comfortable in new, unfamiliar cities and unwind from the stress of a packed schedule of promotions and events.
- She was cast in Train’s music video of Bulletproof Picasso (2015).
- She always wears bracelets on her left hand. Emily also likes to fill up her left wrist with fan-made rubber band bracelets.
- On the back of her left shoulder, Emily has a small black tattoo of a musical note piercing a heart.
- She claims to be an obsessive list-maker as one of the ways to deal with her unpredictable routine. Working as an independent musician is another way she maintains control of her professional pace.
- To know more about the singer & actress, visit her website @ emilykinneymusic.com.
- Follow her on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and iTunes.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0