Eilleen Regina Edwards
Eileen Twain, Eileen Lange, Eileen Thiebaud, Shania Edwards, Shania Lange, Shania Thiebaud, Eilleen Regina Edwards, Shania Twain, The Queen of Country Pop, The Country Pop Queen
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
The singer went to Timmins High and Vocational School in Timmins (1983).
- Father – Clarence Edwards (Biological Father), Jerry Twain (Stepfather), Ojibway, owned a reforestation business in Ontario
- Mother – Sharon Morrison
- Siblings – Mark Twain (Brother), Darryl Twain (Brother), Jill Edwards (Sister), Carrie-Ann Edwards (Sister)
- Others – Eileen Pearce (Maternal Grandmother)
She is represented by these agencies –
- Sandbox Entertainment
- Headline Booking Group
Country, Country pop, Country rock, Pop
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shania Twain has dated –
- Robert John Lange (1993-2008) – British singer-songwriter Robert John Lange and Shania started dating in 1993. After 7 months of courtship, the duo got married in the same year on 28th December. Together, they had a son, Eja D’Angelo on August 12, 2001. The couple separated in 2008 after Lange reportedly romanced with Twain’s best friend, Marie-Anne Thiébaud.
- Frederic Thiébaud (2008-Present) – The couple got together in the year 2008, after dating for a year, they formally got into a relationship and got married in 2011. Frederic, an executive at Nestlé, is the former husband of Marie-Anne.
Race / Ethnicity
Twain has a mix of English, Irish, French-Canadian and Northern Irish ancestry.
- Deep Cleavage
- Hourglass body shape
36-24-35 in or 91.5-61-89 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
6.5 (US) or 37 (EU)
She has appeared in the TV commercials for –
- Revlon (1999)
- Shania Starlight perfume (2007)
- Revlon’s EveryLash mascara (1999-2000) (Her music was used in background)
- Caesar’s Palace
- Diet Coke
- Candie’s Clothing Brand
- Coty “Shania” by Stetson perfume
- Coty Shania Starlight perfume
She has been seen in print ads for
- Febreze Scentstories reusable scent discs (2005)
- Sanyo SCP-8100 cell phone
She follows Sant Mat, which is an Eastern spiritual philosophy.
Best Known For
Her songs like “From This Moment On”, “That Don’t Impress Me Much”, and “Man! I Feel Like a Woman!”
Shania released her debut studio album Shania Twain on April 20, 1993, via Mercury Nashville Records. It was certified as 2x Platinum in Canada.
In 2004, Shania was seen in the comedy film I Heart Huckabees where she performed a song.
First TV Show
In 1995, she appeared in an episode of the comedy talk show Late Show with David Letterman.
The Canadian singer loves to stay active and believes in eating clean. Like most of us, she also has her weak points like fries and other junk foods but she manages to limit those cravings only for her cheat days.
In an interview with “Hello” Magazine, Twain shared that she follows the discipline of keeping the carbs down in her diet plan. She prefers having greens every day along with nuts and other natural food items, thereby avoiding bread/rice/pasta and other processed food products.
Apart from having a strict no carb diet, Shania plays tennis and does horse riding to stay active and healthy.
Shania Twain Favorite Things
- Food – French fries, dill pickle chips
- Place – Canada, Switzerland
- Color – Pink, Blue, Red
- Animal – Horse
Source – Hello Magazine
Shania Twain Facts
- In 2009, as per a study conducted by the University of Toronto and University of California, San Diego, which even got published in the journal called Vision Research, BBC reported that the singer has “The Perfect Face”, which is the condition wherein a woman’s facial features i.e., eyes, mouth, ears are in an ideal arrangement.
- Shania has been listed in the “Most Intriguing People” list issued by “People Weekly Magazine” in 1995.
- Her stepfather, an absolute Ojibway Native, raised the singer in the similar Ojibway Indian Culture.
- She was once voted as the sexiest vegetarian alive by PETA and even secured the 30th position in FHM magazine’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006” issue.
- In her autobiography in 2011, she shared about the weakening of her singing voice as the reason for not being able to perform publicly due to which she had to opt for retirement in 2004.
- In 2012, Twain made a comeback with her critically acclaimed show “Still the One”.
- Having a history of troubled and challenging childhood, the singer often did not carry lunch to school as the family couldn’t afford it. In order to support her family, Shania started singing at bars at the tender age of 8. Even though despising the environment of those places, Twain continued performing there because of her love for the art form.
- In 2010, as a part of Winter Olympics torch relay, Twain carried the Olympic Torch in her hometown.
- Visit her official website @ www.shaniatwain.com.
- Follow her on Facebook, Instagram, Google+, Spotify, Twitter, YouTube, YouTube VEVO, and iTunes.
Featured Image by Katherine Brock / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0