|Amanda Shires Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||March 5, 1982|
Amanda Shires is an American singer, songwriter, and fiddle player who has performed both as a solo artist and as a part of several music groups. Her solo studio albums include Being Brave (2005), West Cross Timbers (2009), Carrying Lightning (2011), Down Fell the Doves (2013), My Piece of Land (2016), and To the Sunset (2018). She has also been a member of groups/bands such as Texas Playboys, Thrift Store Cowboys, and Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit. With the last of those groups, she had won a Grammy Award in the category of ‘Best Americana Album’ for their 2017 album titled The Nashville Sound. Besides that, she has also performed in a duo with Rod Picott; and in 2019, she had founded a country music supergroup known as The Highwomen.
Lubbock, Lubbock County, Texas, United States
Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee, United States
Amanda was a high school graduate when she had started her musical career. In the middle of her burgeoning career, in 2011, she had joined the Sewanee: The University of the South, a small liberal arts university in Sewanee, Tennessee. She had graduated from there with a Master of Fine Arts degree in poetry in 2017.
Singer, Songwriter, Fiddle Player
- Father – Her father was a wholesale nursery owner.
- Mother – Marguerite Fallon (Former Nurse, Former Rodeo Barrel Racer)
- Siblings – Ashley Shires (Younger Sister)
- Others – Angela Hill Barnett (Mother-in-Law) (Interior Designer), Mike Isbell (Father-in-Law) (House Painter)
She is represented by –
- Lisa Barbaris, General Manager, So What Management, New York City, New York, United States
- Jonathan Insogna, Booking Agent, WME (William Morris Endeavor Entertainment), Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee, United States
- Carla Sacks, Publicist/PR Agent, Sacks and Co., New York City, New York, United States
Americana, Folk, Alternative Country, Country Folk
Vocals, Fiddle, Ukulele, Tenor, Guitar
- Silver Knife Records
- Lightning Rod Records
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Amanda has dated –
- Jason Isbell (2011–Present) – Amanda began dating American singer, songwriter, and guitarist Jason Isbell in 2011. They got married on February 23, 2013, and have a daughter together named Mercy Rose Isbell (b. September 1, 2015).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
- Petite frame
- Neck-length, straight hair
- Radiant face
- Affable smile
- Has tattoos on both her arms and forearms
Amanda Shires Facts
- Amanda’s parents got divorced when she was a toddler. She and her younger sister were then primarily raised by her mother in their hometown of Lubbock.
- She is a distant relative of renowned photographer Erica Shires.
- When she was 10 years old, she was shopping for hunting gear, with her father, in a pawn shop in the Texan town of Mineral Wells. There, she had chanced upon a Chinese-made fiddle and her father had agreed to buy it for her on the condition that she would learn to play the instrument. By the time she turned 12, she had become adept at playing it.
- In 2012, she was named as the ‘Artist of the Year’ by Texas Music magazine, who had also featured her on the cover of their magazine.
Featured Image by Amanda Shires / Instagram