|Suchitra (Singer) Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||August 14, 1982|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Suchitra is an Indian radio jockey, playback singer, songwriter, music composer, voice artist, dubbing artist, and actress who has lent her vocals to numerous songs in films made in Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, and Kannada languages. Over the course of her career, Suchitra has also worked as a voice/dubbing artist for several top-tier actresses in multiple Tamil films.
RJ Suchi, Mirchi Suchi
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Suchitra, after her high school graduation, joined Mar Ivanios College, an autonomous institution situated in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India. She graduated from there with a B. Sc. (Bachelor of Science) degree.
She later studied at PSG Institute of Management Coimbatore (PSGIM), a private business school located in Coimbatore, a major city in her home state of Tamil Nadu. She graduated from there with an MBA (Master of Business Administration) degree.
Radio Jockey, Playback Singer, Songwriter, Music Composer, Voice Artist, Dubbing Artist, Actress
- Father – Ramadurai
- Mother – Padmaja
- Siblings – Sunitha (Sister)
Indian Classical, Carnatic, Filmi, Indian pop
- Filmworks Audio
- Think Music
- Ayngaran Music
- Vega Music
- Sony Music India
- AVM Muzik
- Five Star Audio
- Big Music
- Aditya Music
- Venus Records & Tapes
- Gemini Audio
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Suchitra has dated –
- Karthik Kumar (2005-2017) – Suchitra married stand-up comedian and actor Karthik Kumar in 2005. After more than a decade of wedlock, Suchitra filed for divorce in March 2017 and the couple parted ways after that.
Race / Ethnicity
- Slender frame
- Side-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Charming smile
- Radiant face
- Suchitra, in the mid-2000s, worked for about a year with Sify Technologies Limited, an Indian information and communications technology company. It was around this time that she responded to an advertisement for a radio jockey vacancy at Radio Mirchi, a countrywide network of private FM radio stations in India.
- She was selected for the job and hosted a morning show there called Hello Chennai which made her very popular with the younger demographic. Suchitra’s work there earned her nicknames like ‘RJ Suchi’ and ‘Mirchi Suchi’. In parallel, she also started working as a playback singer in South Indian movies.
- In 2005, she published a short story for children called The Runaway Peppercorn. It was a graphic illustration of an episode in the make-believe life of a black peppercorn called Kuru-Milaku that escapes just when it was about to be crushed so that it could be added to a chutney.
- In 2016, Suchitra’s Twitter account was hacked, and several private pictures and videos of South Indian celebrities (primarily those from the film industry) were released on that account. Soon enough, hundreds of fake accounts with her name came up, and they too started posting similar private pictures and videos.
- The whole saga came to be known as #suchileaks after which Suchitra, to escape the constant negative media coverage, left for London. There, she pursued culinary arts at the local branch of Le Cordon Bleu (‘The Blue Ribbon’ in French), an international network (35 institutes in 20 countries, with more than 20,000 students of different nationalities) of hospitality and culinary schools that teach French haute cuisine.
- In late 2020, she participated in the 4th season of Bigg Boss Tamil, the Tamil-language version of the reality TV series Bigg Boss, the Hindi-language Indian adaption of the global hit reality TV Dutch game show franchise Big Brother. Suchitra entered the show on day 28 and was evicted on day 49.
Featured Image by Suchitra / Instagram