|Jason Isbell Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||February 1, 1979|
Jason Isbell is an American singer-songwriter and guitarist who is widely recognized for his solo career, his work with the music group The 400 Unit, and as a member of the alternative country/Southern rock band Drive-By Truckers from 2001 to 2007. He has released numerous music videos such as 24 Frames (2015) and has dropped several albums like Sirens of the Ditch (2007). He is the winner of a number of awards including the Grammy in 2018 for “Best Americana Album” for his album The Nashville Sound (2017).
Michael Jason Isbell
Green Hill, Alabama, United States
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
He went to the University of Memphis with English and Creative Writing as his subjects.
- Father – Mike Isbell (House Painter)
- Mother – Angela Hill Barnett (Interior Designer)
- Others – Chantry Barnett (Younger Half-Brother), Emily Isbell (Younger Half-Sister)
He is represented by MBC PR.
Country, Alternative Country, Southern Rock
Vocals, Guitar, Electronic Keyboard
- Lightning Rod
- New West Records
- Southeastern Records
- Thirty Tigers
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Shonna Tucker – He had married musician Shonna Tucker in 2002. They eventually broke up.
- Amanda Shires (2011-Present) – He tied the knot with singer-songwriter and violinist Amanda Shires in February 2013, after having started dating in 2011. They have a daughter named Mercy Rose (b. September 1, 2015).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Tall stature
- Shapely lips
- Tattoos on his arms and shoulder
He has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Gibson.
Jason Isbell Favorite Things
- Huge Influence On His Writing – Bob Dylan having a tattoo on his left arm with a quotation from the lyrics of the legend’s song Boots of Spanish Leather having affirmed that the quote has reminded him about the concept of salvaging things representing for him the idea of loss as well as the experience of learning and evolving from it
- Close Friend – Singer-songwriter John Prine
Jason Isbell Facts
- He was brought up in Greenhill in Alabama. His grandparents resided on a farm next to the school that Isbell went to and they would look after him while his parents were away at work. His grandfather and uncle had taught him to play a number of different musical instruments beginning with the mandolin when he was the age of 6. They used to enjoy gospel music, bluegrass music, and the weekly country music stage concert, Grand Ole Opry. When he was in high school, he played trumpet and French horn. He has recalled that his father used to always encourage him to pursue music professionally. Isbell has stated that how his family would frequently get together and play has a lot to do with where he hails from.
- Jason’s mother was only 17 years old and his father 19, at the time of his birth and that was the theme of his song Children of Children (2015).
- He has established his own label named Southeastern Records that he has disclosed has brought him a certain luxury in creating and releasing music, the best part being that he has not been forced to be on anybody else’s schedule.
- After the 2020 CMA Awards didn’t honor country singers John Prine, Jerry Jeff Walker, and Billy Joe Shaver, Jason returned his lifetime membership card of CMA.
Featured Image by Jason Isbell / Instagram