|Jesy Nelson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||June 14, 1991|
Jesy Nelson is an English singer, songwriter, and dancer who is best known for being a former member of the British girl group Little Mix. With Little Mix, she released a number of albums and tracks including Get Weird, DNA, Glory Days, Salute, Confetti, LM5, Change Your Life, How Ya Doin’? (featuring Missy Elliott), Black Magic, Love Me Like You, No More Sad Songs (featuring Machine Gun Kelly), Woman Like Me (featuring Nicki Minaj), and Hair (featuring Sean Paul). However, she decided to leave the group in 2020 due to struggles with mental health.
Jessica Louise Nelson
Jesy, Wilma, Jesminda
Romford, London, England, United Kingdom
Jesy had switched to different schools as she faced bullying. She attended Jo Richardson Community School in Dagenham. Nelson also went to Arts College in Hornchurch and Abbs Cross Academy. She learned theatres from Sylvia Young and Yvonne Rhodes theatre school.
Singer, Songwriter, Dancer
- Father – John Nelson
- Mother – Janice White
- Siblings – Jade Nelson (Older Sister), Joseph Nelson (Brother), Jonathan Nelson (Brother)
- Others – John G. White (Maternal Grandfather), Maureen Baker (Maternal Grandmother)
She has been represented by Modest Management.
Columbia Records, RCA UK
As a part of the band, Little Mix, she was signed with Syco Music until 2018.
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jesy Nelson has dated –
- Jordan Banjo (2012-2014) – English dancer Jordan Banjo started dating Nelson in January 2012. They know each other since Jesy was 10. But, in March 2013, the duo broke up amicably. The decision was taken by Jordan after Jesy’s much wider fame than him, as now her workload has increased and she has started getting too much male attention and it became difficult for Jordan to handle. They reunited later and finally got separated on June 26, 2014.
- George Shelley (2013) – The British singers George Shelley and Jesy were RUMORed to have had a fling in July 2013.
- Jake Roche (2014-2016) – In September 2014, Rixton lead singer, Jake Roche started dating lovely Jesy. He is about two years her junior. The couple got engaged on July 19, 2015. But, this relationship also saw an end in November 2016 as confirmed by Sun.
- Bradley Churchill (2016) – It was RUMORed that she had a fling with Bradley Churchill in December 2016.
- Chris Clark (2017) – For just 2 months, from February 2017 to April 2017, Jesy dated reality TV star, Chris Clark.
- Harry James Byart (2017-2018) – In July 2017, it first came to public attention that singer Harry James and Jesy were an item. They then dated for 16 months and called it quits in November 2018. They had reunited for a low-key outing in August 2021.
- Chris Hughes (2019-2020) – Reality TV star who was on Love Island, Chris Hughes started dating Jesy in January 2019. They had gone to The Cauldron in East London on their first date. The duo confirmed their relationship in February 2019 during a vacation in Dublin, Ireland by sharing the same on their social media. In July 2019, they started living together. However, the duo parted ways the following year in April citing personal reasons.
- Sean Sagar (2020-Present) – In the latter half of the year 2020, he started dating actor Sean Sagar.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English descent.
Jesy has dyed her hair “red” in the past.
She is naturally a brunette.
- Curvy figure
- A quote, “Music is the strongest form of magic”, tattooed on her upper right arm
35-28-36 in or 89-71-91.5 cm
10 (US) or 42 (EU)
She is believed to be wearing a shoe size 8 (US).
As a member of the Little Mix band, she has served as a brand ambassador for Schwarzkopf LIVE Colour XXL.
Best Known For
The girl group released their debut album titled DNA on November 19, 2012, through Syco music. The album consists of 12 tracks with a total length of 43:56 minutes.
She made her first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of a student in the assembly in the 2002 romantic comedy-drama film, About a Boy, whose lead cast comprised of Hugh Grant, Toni Collette, Rachel Weisz, and Nicholas Hoult.
First TV Show
She first appeared in the singing competition The X Factor in 2011 as herself (contestant).
She is a foodie and eats whatever she likes. She has a curvy figure and her boyfriend likes it. She knows Banjo since she was 10 and he does not want Jesy to look skinny.
But, it seems she has lost some weight in the past and is now looking more slimmer.
Jesy Nelson Favorite Things
- Band – Spice Girls
- Restaurant – Nando’s
- Singer – Missy Elliott
- Movie – Taken (2008)
- Color – All colors
- Albums – + (By Ed Sheeran) and Fame (By Chris Brown)
Source – Little-Mix.com
Jesy Nelson Facts
- Nelson is a former member of the girl group “Little Mix”.
- She has always remained the oldest member of the girl band Little Mix until her exit in 2020.
- Jesy and Perrie Edwards share the same middle name, i.e. “Louise”.
- On The X Factor, during her first audition, she sang the song “Bust Your Windows” by Jazmine Sullivan.
- She also received some cyber-bullying after she joined the girl band “Little Mix”.
- Jesy does not like sandwiches. She has a phobia of them.
- She can speak in Australian and Scottish accents.
- In 2005, she appeared in a minor role in the fantasy film, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, based on J. K. Rowling‘s 2000 novel of the same name.
- She had also worked at a bar before she appeared on The X Factor.
- Jessica is a fan of Jeremy Kyle, English radio and TV presenter.
- In September 2020, Jesy got a panic attack during Little Mix’s BBC Radio 1 appearance.
- In November 2020, it was announced that Jesy Nelson would be taking some off-time for private medical reasons from Little Mix activities. However, in December 2020, she announced her departure from the girl group due to struggles with her mental health.
- She had graced the cover of Cosmopolitan UK magazine’s June 2021 issue. She told the magazine that worrying about her looks and comparing herself to other girls made her leave the girl group.
- In May 2021, she signed a record deal with Polydor Records for a solo career.
- In October 2021, Jesy released her debut solo single titled Boyz, featuring Nicki Minaj.
- In October 2021, she was unfollowed on Instagram by her former Little Mix bandmates Leigh-Anne Pinnock, Jade Thirlwall, and Perrie Edwards.