|Rauw Alejandro Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||January 10, 1993|
Rauw Alejandro is a Puerto Rican rapper, singer, and music composer who has released the solo studio albums Afrodisíaco (November 2020) and Vice Versa (June 2021). The former album had peaked at number 3 on the US Latin music chart and number 2 on the Productores de Música de España, the national organization responsible for the music charts of Spain. It had been certified ‘Gold’ by both the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America) and the Productores de Música de España. The latter album had peaked at number 1 on both the US Latin and the Productores de Música de España. It had earned ‘Platinum’ certification from the RIAA. He has also released a mixtape titled Punto de Equilibrio (2016) and an EP titled Trap Cake, Vol. 1 (2019). Besides that, he has launched numerous singles as a lead artist and most of those tracks have earned ‘Gold’, ‘Diamond’ or ‘Platinum’ certification.
Raúl Alejandro Ocasio Ruiz
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Carolina, Puerto Rico
Rauw, after his high school graduation, had joined the University of Puerto Rico, the main public university in the U.S. Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
Rapper, Singer, Music Composer
- Father – Raúl Ocasio (Guitarist)
- Mother – María Nelly Ruiz (Backing Vocalist)
- Siblings – He has a sister.
- Duars Entertainment
- Sony Music Latin
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rauw has dated –
- Rosalía (2021-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Puerto Rican descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Sports a rugged beard
- Wears a nose ring and earrings
- Has both his hands, neck, upper torso, and stomach covered in tattoos
Rauw Alejandro Facts
- During his childhood, Rauw and his father had lived for quite a few years in the United States, mostly in Miami and New York City. This is where he was massively influenced by the R&B and dancehall musical genres. In his childhood, he used to compete in several talent shows as both he and his sister had a passion for dancing.
- Between the age of 6 and 20, he had also played a lot of soccer but had to quit the sport after an injury. Before his involvement with the sport had come to an abrupt end, he had even moved to Orlando, Florida, to attempt to get scouted to play in the Premier Development League (PDL). His effort was unsuccessful.
- The pain of giving up on his beloved sport had left him in a mild depression which had forced him to look for an alternate career option. He took to music and by 2014, had started releasing his songs on the SoundCloud platform.
- In November 2016, he had released his debut mixtape titled Punto de Equilibrio. The success of the tape had seen him sign a contract with the record label Duars Entertainment in January 2017.
- In 2018, he was selected by Sony Music Latin to join Los Próximos, a musical project to enlist new musical talents for the label.
- He is a childhood friend of fellow Puerto Rican rapper Anuel AA. They had attended school together.
Featured Image by Rauw Alejandro / Instagram