|Bipolar Sunshine Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||January 13, 1984|
Bipolar Sunshine is an English singer and songwriter whose discography consists of extended plays and tracks like Drowning Butterflies, Where Did the Love Go, Are You Happy, Aesthetics, Deckchairs on the Moon, Love More Worry Less, Whole Heart, Night B4 Christmas, Rivers, Major Love, and Daydreamer. In 2015, he appeared as a featured artist on DJ Snake‘s song Middle which peaked at number #3 on the US Hot Dance/Electronic Songs (Billboard) chart, at number #13 on the US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard) chart, at number #20 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart, and at number #33 on the US Dance Club Songs (Billboard) chart. The song was also certified ‘3× Platinum’ in the United States and Australia, ‘2× Platinum’ in New Zealand and Sweden, and ‘Platinum’ in France, Italy, and the United Kingdom. As a featured artist, Bipolar Sunshine has also worked on several other tracks like Fires by Shadez the Misfit, Brighter Days and Find Your Way by San Holo, Beautiful by The Avener, and Lose My Mind by Surf Mesa.
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
He divides his time between Manchester (England) and Los Angeles (United States).
Bipolar Sunshine is represented by
- Ryan Roy of Universal Music Group
- Matt Meyer and Cody Chapman of Paradigm Talent Agency
Pop, R&B, hip hop, Dance, Reggae, Ska
The Aesthetic Recordings, Polydor Records
6 ft or 183 cm
84 kg or 185 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bipolar Sunshine has dated –
- Alys Crawford – Bipolar Sunshine is in a relationship with British photographer Alys Crawford. Although the start of their relationship is largely unknown, Bipolar doesn’t shy away from showing his love for his partner on social media including calling her his muse and his wonder woman. In January 2016, they reportedly welcomed a baby boy into their family.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Jamaican ancestry on both his parents’ sides.
- Often wears round frame sunglasses
- Unique and eye-catching hairstyle
Best Known For
- The popularity of his single Daydreamer, which managed to achieve decent success on the digital charts. The single was also used in BBC One’s 2015 trailer.
- Having worked with established British artists such as Kid British, Gaika, and DJ Snake
As a Singer
In 2013, he released his debut EP, Aesthetics. The Rivers single from the EP was offered as the free single of the week on iTunes.
Bipolar Sunshine Favorite Things
- Childhood Band – Oasis
Source – The Guardian
Bipolar Sunshine Facts
- His parents separated when he was a young kid.
- He was raised by his maternal grandfather who was like a father to him.
- In 2007, he co-founded the British music group, Kid British, which had 6 members along with him. He was also tasked with vocals.
- In 2012, he decided to leave Kid British with their final performance held in Manchester in December 2012.
- In 2014, he announced his A Dream for Dreamer’s Tour in the UK. The tickets for his performance in London were sold out about 5 weeks in advance.
- He decided to use Bipolar Sunshine as his stage name because it best reflects his moods that swing from severe self-doubt to optimism-filled buzz.
- While growing up, he dreamed of becoming a professional soccer player but failed to impress clubs after giving trials.
- After he failed to get his soccer career on the track, he worked at a furniture store for two years.
- Before he formed the ska band, Kid British, he had a short stint at the music college.
- Some of the music labels have asked him to drop his stage name but he has insisted that he would retain his creative vision.
- Visit his official website @ bipolarsunshine.com.
Featured Image by Bipolar Sunshine / Instagram