|Surf Mesa Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||April 10, 2000|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Surf Mesa is an American musician who had shot to fame with his 2019 single titled ILY (I Love You Baby) which is a track that had sampled a cover of legendary American singer Frankie Valli‘s 1967 song titled Can’t Take My Eyes Off You. The song had first gained popularity on the video-sharing-focused social networking service TikTok after which it had gone viral in several countries. It had peaked within the ‘Top 25’ of the music charts in the United States, Australia, Austria, France, Germany, the Netherlands, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom. It had been certified ‘Triple Platinum’ by Music Canada, ‘Platinum’ by the Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA), and ‘Gold’ by both the National Syndicate of Phonographic Publishing and Recorded Music NZ. Besides this song, he has released a few other non-album singles, remixes, and an EP titled Bedroom (April 2019).
Sammamish, King County, Washington, United States
He splits his time between Los Angeles, California, United States, and Seattle, King County, Washington, United States.
Surf Mesa is a high school graduate.
- Father – Tony Aguirre (Jazz Saxophonist)
- Siblings – He has an older brother.
- Universal Music Group
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
He often tends to dye his hair blonde.
- Slender frame
- Tousled, wavy hair
- Clean-shaven look
- Has his left forearm covered in tattoos
- Has the face of a tiger tattooed on his left arm
Surf Mesa Facts
- Inspired by his father, a jazz saxophonist, Surf Mesa had shown a heavy inclination towards music from a very young age. By the time he had reached the 3rd grade, he had already started making music after he was introduced to FL Studio, a digital audio workstation (DAW) developed by the Belgian company Image-Line that features a graphical user interface with a pattern-based music sequencer, by his older brother. He had continued to teach himself further about music production via tutorials on YouTube.
- In high school, he had chosen ‘Surf Mesa’ as his stage name and had started a musical project by the same name through which he would release his music on the SoundCloud platform.
- After his high school graduation, he had planned to move to Arizona to study computer science at a technology school. However, he had broken a leg in a freak accident which had left him bed-ridden for a few months. During this time, he had devoted himself completely to music production and further honing his skills in the field.
- Realizing the potential for budding musicians to grow in Los Angeles, he had moved to the city in 2018. He had released his debut single titled Taken Away in 2019 and had released his debut EP, titled Bedroom, in April that year under the ‘Surf Mesa’ label.
- The success of his breakthrough single ILY (I Love You Baby) later that year had seen him get signed up by both Astralwerks and Universal.
Featured Image by Surf Mesa / Instagram