|Prateek Kuhad Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||March 3, 1990|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Prateek Kuhad is an Indian singer, songwriter, musician, and performer who has gained popularity with his song cold/mess. The song was featured on former U.S. president Barack Obama‘s “Favorite Music of 2019” list. Prateek Kuhad’s discography also includes other tracks, albums, and extended plays such as Raat Raazi, Prateek Kuhad, Rubber Bits, Oh Love, A Shot of Alcohol, All I Need, Hollow, Something Wrong, Chahe Ya Na Chahe, Yeh Pal, Into the Night, Holding On, Held You Tight, Cold Shoulders, Be At Ease, Flames, Fire, Go, with you/for you, did you/fall apart, 100 words, fighter, for your time, 100 words, Shehron Ke Raaz, Tere Hi Hum, Khone Do, Just A Word, Down, The Way That Lovers Do, The Last Time, Bloom, Full Time Lover, and Heartbroken.
Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
Prateek Kuhad studied at Maharaja Sawai Man Singh Vidyalaya in Jaipur and then got enrolled at New York University in order to study Maths and Economics.
Singer, Songwriter, Musician, Performer
- Siblings – He has 2 sisters.
Prateek Kuhad has been signed with Cutcraft Music, Los Angeles, California, United States.
Vocals, Guitar, Piano
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
67 kg or 147.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Prateek Kuhad has dated –
- Niharika Thakur – He was in a romantic relationship with doctor Niharika Thakur but the duo mutually parted ways in November 2022.
Race / Ethnicity
Prateek Kuhad is of Hindu Jat descent.
He was raised in a Hindu household.
Prateek Kuhad Facts
- Growing up, he used to listen to Indian pop and Bollywood music and only occasionally to Western music due to a lack of internet service at his place at that time.
- Prateek Kuhad was 16 years old when he learned to play the guitar and subsequently started songwriting in his late teens.
- He shifted to Delhi after graduating from New York University in order to pursue his passion for music and released a pair of EPs before releasing his debut album.
- He won the award for “Best India Act” at the 2016 MTV Europe Music Awards.
- Prateek Kuhad received the award for the “Best Pop Artist Award” at the Radio City Freedom Awards 2018.
- As a musician, he has contributed to many movies and shows like Baar Baar Dekho, Karwaan, Ajeeb Daastaans, Mismatched, and Dhamaka.
- In 2020, Prateek Kuhad became the first Indian to get signed by the American record label Elektra Records.
- Some of his musical influences include artists such as Bob Dylan, Lucky Ali, Woody Guthrie, Elliott Smith, Laura Marling, and Fleet Foxes.
- Us Weekly has described Prateek Kuhad’s music as “beautifully haunting” and his vocals have received praise from BrooklynVegan for being “angelic”.
Featured Image by NabihaT / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0