Ahmet Emuukha Rodan Zappa
Ahmet, Achmed Zappa
Los Angeles, California, United States
Hollywood, California, United States
Information about his formal education isn’t available.
Musician, actor, writer, producer, publisher
- Father – Frank Zappa (Musician, composer, filmmaker)
- Mother – Gail Zappa (Businesswoman)
- Siblings – Diva Zappa (Younger Sister) (Actress and Artist), Moon Zappa (Older Sister) (Actress and Author), Dweezil Zappa (Older Brother) (Rock Guitarist)
- Others – Francis Vincent Zappa (Paternal Grandfather), Rose Marie Colimore (Paternal Grandmother), John Klein Sloatman (Maternal Grandfather), Laura Freitas (Maternal Grandmother)
Ahmet Zappa is represented by Los Angeles based ICM Partners.
Zappa Records, Barking Pumpkin Records
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm (Approx)
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ahmet Zappa has dated
- Rose McGowan (2001-2002) – Ahmet Zappa first met actress Rose McGowan in 2000, while shooting for the comedy movie, Ready to Rumble. They eventually started dating in August 2001. In her interview with Jane magazine in December, she was very generous in her praise of her new boyfriend, which served as the first public confirmation of their relationship. However, their relationship didn’t last long as they broke up a year later. She confirmed the end of their relationship in another interview with Jane magazine.
- Selma Blair (2002-2006) – The start of Ahmet’s relationship with Selma Blair is slightly disputed as some sources claim they started going out in 2003, whereas some American tabloids allege that they had been dating for a year by the time their relationship was made public in 2003. They got married in January 2004. It was a lavish affair that was hosted at iconic actress Carrie Fisher’s house in Los Angeles. In June 2006, Blair filed documents at the Los Angeles Supreme Court for a divorce. She cited irreconcilable difference in her divorce filings.
- Shana Muldoon – Ahmet Zappa is married to Shana Muldoon. They are parents to a son, Arrow D’Oro Leon Zappa and a daughter, Halo Violetta Zappa.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he has Sicilian and Neapolitan ancestry and on his mother’s side, he is of German and Portuguese descent and has traces of French and Irish ancestry.
- Almost bald head
- Prominent nose
- Heavy and round face
His body measurements such as chest, biceps, and waist sizes aren’t known.
Ahmet Zappa hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand.
His religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Being the son of the legendary musician Frank Zappa.
- Having released a couple of studio albums in collaboration with his brother Dweezil Zappa.
- Being the executor of the Zappa Family Trust, which had been a subject of fierce legal battle in the Zappa family.
In 1991, he released his first studio album Confessions along with his brother Dweezil Zappa.
In 1990, Ahmet made his theatrical film debut in a minor role in the comedy-drama movie, Pump Up the Volume.
First TV Show
In October 1987, Zappa made his first TV show appearance in an episode of the family comedy series, Growing Pains. He was just 13 years old at the time.
Ahmet Zappa’s diet plan and workout routine aren’t available.
Ahmet Zappa Favorite Things
His favorite things aren’t known.
Ahmet Zappa Facts
- He was named by his father after famous music executive Ahmet Ertegün, who was greatly admired by Frank Zappa.
- In July 2006, he published his debut fiction book, The Monstrous Memoirs of a Mighty McFearless, which was written for the young readers. The movie rights were acquired by Disney and Bruckheimer Films.
- He is the founder of the production company, Monsterfoot Productions. The first movie made under his production house was The Odd Life of Timothy Green, which had Jennifer Garner in the starring role.
- While growing up, he struggled with dyslexia and had to drop out of school at the age of 12.
- Following the death of his mother, Ahmet and his sister Diva, each was given 30% share in the Zappa Family Trust along with control of the trust. Their siblings Dweezil and Moon were handed individual 20% share. This apparent mismatch in distribution has been the cause of a bitter fight between the siblings.
- Follow him on Twitter.
Featured Image by Katy / Instagram