|Andrew Taggart Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¼ in|
|Date of Birth||December 31, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Portland, Maine, United States
Andrew Taggart went to Freeport High School.
After graduating from high school, he got enrolled at Syracuse University in Bandier Program for Music & Entertainment Industries. He graduated from the university in 2012.
- Father – Mark Taggart (Sold Prosthetics)
- Mother – His mother was a teacher.
- Siblings – Lucas Taggart (Younger Sister) (Photographer)
- Others – William James Taggart, Jr. (Paternal Grandfather), Joan E. Mitchell (Paternal Grandmother), Leo Albert Girr (Maternal Grandfather) (Owned a sports memorabilia store by the name of Sports Central, hosted radio and television show Sports Roundtable, and wrote the book Media Baseball Bible), Margaret Girr (Maternal Grandmother)
Andrew Taggart’s music group The Chainsmokers is represented by Adam Alpert.
They are also represented by Creative Artists Agency.
EDM, pop, electropop
Disruptor, Columbia Records, Sony Music Entertainment
5 ft 9¼ in or 176 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Andrew Taggart has dated
- In September 2016, Andrew’s bandmate Alex Pall revealed in an interview with Australian morning show, Mike E & Emma that Andrew had broken up with his girlfriend just a couple of days ago. He claimed that Andrew was feeling guilty about a couple of things such as being away from his girlfriend for a long time and having to give steamy performances with female artists. So, he believed that breaking up would free him from guilt.
- Halsey (2016; 2017) – After they served up a steamy performance at the VMA Awards of the single, Closer, Andrew was linked up with Halsey by a majority of the American tabloids. In some quarters, it was claimed that Halsey was the cause of Andrew’s breakup from his previous girlfriend. They didn’t do much to dispel such rumors. They were just spotted hanging out together. In January 2017, Halsey sent their fans into an overdrive after she shared a picture of them together in Aspen in an Instagram post.
- Meredith Mickelson (2018) – In January 2018, Andrew started dating model and social media star, Meredith Mickelson. They split later in the year and in April 2018, she was seen spending time with Brooklyn Beckham during Coachella.
- Christine Burke – After splitting from Meredith, Andrew started dating another model, Christine Burke in 2018. However, the couple later broke up.
- Chantel Jeffries (2020-2021) – He started dating model and DJ, Chantel Jeffries in 2020, and the couple confirmed their relationship in July 2020. They broke up in 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Scottish, Irish, English, and German ancestry.
- Defined jawline
- Prominent chin
- Thick eyebrows
The Chainsmokers endorsed Tommy Hilfiger in 2017.
Best Known For
Being one-half of the Pop EDM duo, The Chainsmokers, who have released several popular and chart-topping singles. Their single Don’t Let Me Down was the winner of the Grammy Award for Best Dance Recording.
In April 2017, his music duo released their debut studio album Memories…Do Not Open. This album went on to debut at the #1 spot on the US Billboard 200.
First TV Show
In 2016, he made his first TV show appearance on the popular talk show, Larry King Now.
Andrew tries to work out as regularly as possible. When he hits the gym, he tries to target multiple body parts in his workout as there are chances that due to a busy schedule, he might not get to hit the gym for three or four days in a row. So, one day, he might run and hit biceps and back, and follow it by working on chest, triceps, and shoulder in the next workout.
And, if he is on the road, he tries to squeeze in whatever exercise they can. He might end up working in the gym for half an hour or so. The other option is to do a short workout in the hotel room. Such workout might include 100 push-ups, 100 crunches or some 5-minutes abs work. Plus, performing on the stage takes care of their cardio workout.
He doesn’t follow any specific diet but makes sure that he is eating enough. He usually eats four times a day. Plus, the fact that he is naturally skinny allows him to eat whatever he wants. However, he stays away from alcohol.
Andrew Taggart Favorite Things
- Dream Mentor – Jared Leto
- Gadget – Apple Mac Book Pro
- Take Out Order – Jon and Vinny’s in LA, Italian
- Most Overused Emoji – Heart eyes
- Go–To App – Ableton Live
Source – Forbes
Andrew Taggart Facts
- The Chainsmokers’ single Selfie (was released for free) was passed on to popular DJ Steve Aoki by Andrew’s friend Oliver Luckett, who is also the CEO of theAudience. Aoki re-released the single through his Dim Mak Records.
- Andrew isn’t there with The Chainsmokers since its formation. He was introduced to Alex Pall (The Chainsmokers founder) by the band’s manager Adam Alpert. Pall decided to hire Andrew in the place of former DJ Rhett Bixler.
- After hearing about the opening in The Chainsmokers from a person working for Alpert, he decided to move from Maine to New York City.
- Before joining The Chainsmokers, Andrew used to work as an intern at the Interscope Records.
- In October 2016, he was accused of dissing Lady Gaga and abusing his collaborator Halsey after he called Halsey with a profanity that starts with B in his Tweet after Halsey had called Lady Gaga an icon in response to Pall’s apparent dig at Lady Gaga. Andrew later claimed his account was hacked.
- Andrew’s parents noticed his passion for music at a very young age and gave him a drum set when he was 5 years old. He later took drumming lessons for years.
- During his junior year at the high school, he spent one semester in Argentina. It was while in Argentina he fell in love with electronic music.
- In January 2022, after almost a three-year hiatus, The Chainsmokers released a new song titled High.
Featured Image by Andrew Taggart / Instagram