|Benny Blanco Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||March 8, 1988|
Benny Blanco is an American musician who is best known for his work with many top artists like Katy Perry, Ed Sheeran, and Kanye West as a record producer and songwriter. He has been classified as “The Hitmaker” for musicians Maroon 5 and Rihanna by the New York Times. He has also amassed a huge fan following of more than 200k followers on Instagram, more than 200k followers on Twitter, and more than 300k subscribers on YouTube.
Benjamin Joseph Levin
Plano, Collin, Texas, United States
Benny studied at Langston Hughes Middle School and later in 2006, he completed his schooling from South Lakes High School.
Songwriter, Record Producer, Record Executive, Keyboardist, Remixer, Entrepreneur
- Father – Andrew Mark Levin
- Mother – Sandra Beth
- Siblings – Jeremy (Brother)
- Others – Helen Frank (Paternal Grandmother), Joseph J. Levin (Paternal Grandfather)
Pop, R&B, Hip Hop, Pop Rock, Electronica, Dance-pop, Synth-pop
Keyboard, Guitar, Ukulele, Organ, Drum, Accordion, FL Studio
- Mad Love Records
- Interscope Records
- Friends Keep Secrets
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Benny has dated –
- Ashley – While in junior high school, Benny fell in love and proposed to a girl named Ashley who is also a music producer. However, they split after some time as Ashley turned out to be a lesbian.
- Katy Perry (2011) – An Australian magazine had made claims that singer Katy Perry and Benny were dating each other in 2011. However, the information was false and legal action was taken by Katy Perry towards the accusations.
- Elsie Hewitt – Rumored
Race / Ethnicity
He has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.
- Wavy hair
- Broad smile
Best Known For
- Winning several BMI Songwriter of the Year awards along with the iHeartRadio’s “Producer of the Year” award, which he won in 2017
- Working with hit singers and bands such as Rihanna, Kanye West, Justin Bieber, and Maroon 5
- Being responsible for the successful sale of more than 100 million albums worldwide with several musicians such as Kesha, Sia, The Weeknd, Selena Gomez, Wiz Khalifa, and many more
As a Record Producer
Most of Benny’s music consists of genres such as funk, Baltimore house & electro, and Miami bass with a touch of the 90’s.
In 2011, he solely produced and wrote several chartbuster releases such as Katy Perry’s Teenage Dream, Maroon 5’s Moves Like Jagger, and Gym Class Heroes’ Stereo Hearts. He has also worked with many other singers and songwriters like Ed Sheeran, Major Lazer, Kesha, Taio Cruz, Wiz Khalifa, and Tory Lanez.
He partakes in physical activities such as basketball which is a good way to burn excess body fat and keep one healthy and fit. As for his diet, Benny enjoys eating and prefers not to stick to a strict diet.
Benny Blanco Favorite Things
- Artist – Prince Rogers Nelson
Source – NorthernVirginiaMag.com
Benny Blanco Facts
- He was born in Plano, Collin, Texas, but raised in Los Angeles, California, and also spent some time in Reston, Virginia alongside his brother Jeremy.
- He was 5 years old when he heard his first cassette that featured music from rapper Nas and the R&B group All-4-One.
- During his early years, he used to try to record music on his boombox.
- Blanco was 13 years old when he decided to start a music career as a rapper.
- In the past, the founder of Source Magazine Jon Shecter tried to assist Benny in signing up a deal with Columbia Records as a rapper.
- By the time he was 12 years old, Benny was already DJing at clubs in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
- At the age of 15, he was hired to produce beats for a soft-core po*n DVD, named Hip Hop Honeys.
- In 2005, he started working for record producer David Shayman (Disco D) in New York after being offered an internship. During that time, Disco D used to fling water bottles at his head and he also spent many nights sleeping in his buddies’ cars.
- As a child, Benny acted strangely, especially when his mother would have guests over at their place.
- He has a phobia of flying.
- Benny has more than 12 keyboards and guitars at his place. He also has a ukulele, an organ, an oversized drum as well as a single accordion.
- His music is influenced by singers and songwriters like Adele, Yo-Yo Ma, and Gucci Mane.
- He has a book titled The Love Poems of Rumi written by Indian writer Deepak Chopra.
- In 2014, he founded 2 record labels in partnership with Interscope Records.
- In 2018, his contribution to the song “Eastside” earned him a singer’s credit despite him not having sung a single line in the song.
- Visit his website @ benny-blanco.com.
- Follow him on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Matt Adam / Wikipedia / CC BY-SA 4.0