|Andrew Rannells Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||August 23, 1978|
Andrew Rannells is an American actor, singer, and voice actor who is best known for his portrayal of Elder Price in the Broadway musical of The Book of Mormon in 2011. Besides that, he has appeared in various film and shows such as Bachelorette, S*x and the City 2, Glee, and RuPaul’s Drag Race. He is also a prominent voice actor who has lent his voice to the character of Gurū in Pokémon: Destiny Deoxys, Archie Andrews in Archie’s Weird Mysteries, and Matthew in Big Mouth. Andrew has also amassed himself a huge fan base with more than 600k followers on Instagram.
Andrew Scott Rannells
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
East Village, New York City, New York, United States
Andre studied at the Our Lady of Lourdes in Ohama before joining the Creighton Preparatory School.
Growing up, he also attended the Emmy Gifford Children’s Theater. Later, he joined Marymount Manhattan College in New York where he studied theatre.
Actor, Singer, Voice Actor
- Father – Ronald Rannells
- Mother – Charlotte Rannells
- Siblings – He has 2 older sisters and an older brother and 1 younger sister.
Andrew is represented by United Talent Agency, Mosaic Talent, Doyle by Gersh, Untitled and Greg Slewett.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rannells has dated –
- Tuc Watkins (2019-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He has Irish, German, and English ancestry on his father’s side and Polish ancestry on his mother’s side.
- Tall physique
- Thin eyebrows
He has appeared in the commercials for various brands such as –
- Spectrum TV Silver
- Joyful Heart Foundation
Andrew Rannells Favorite Things
- Karaoke Song – Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen
- Theatre experiences – With actress Patti LuPone in Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown, Christine Ebersole in Grey Gardens, Nikki M. James in The Book of Mormon, Bernadette Peters in A Little Night Music, Toni Collette in The Wild Party, Fiona Shaw in Medea, Celia Keenan-Bolger in The Glass Menagerie, Jessica Lange in Long Day’s Journey Into Night, Amy Morton in August: Osage County, Laurie Metcalf in The Other Place.
Andrew Rannells Facts
- He was raised alongside his 4 siblings in Omaha in Hanscom Park.
- While studying theatre at the Emmy Gifford Children’s Theater, Andrew worked in productions for the Omaha Community Playhouse, Firehouse Dinner Theatre, and the Dundee Dinner Theatre. He had also acted alongside actor and singer Conor Mullen Oberst during his younger years.
- Andrew was 11 years old when he appeared in his first play.
- In 1997, Andrew relocated to New York City to complete his studies in theatre from Marymount Manhattan College. Thereafter, he began auditioning for various roles in which he was able to attain success.
- Andrew discovered that he was gay while in high school and was 18 years old when he told his parents. However, they had already known of it long before he came out.
- He resided in Los Angeles for a brief while in order to complete the filming of the sitcom The New Normal.
- Andrew did his first n*de scene in the show Girls in 2012.
- He made his debut as a voice actor with various characters on Street Sharks in 1994.
- Andrew is the originator of the character Elder Price in The Book of Mormon musical. He was also nominated for a Tony Award for “Best Performance by a Leading Actor in a Musical” in 2011.
Featured Image By Studio Sarah Lou / Flickr / CC BY 2.0