|Wrestler Lana Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||March 24, 1985|
Lana is an American professional wrestler, professional wrestling manager, actor, dancer, model, and singer best known for her time in the professional wrestling promotion WWE. Apart from that, she has also been a part of shows and movies such as Scooby-Doo! and WWE: Curse of the Speed Demon, Total Divas, The Millionaire Matchmaker, Total Bellas, The Real Housewives of Atlanta, The Fresh Beat Band, Pitch Perfect, Pitch Perfect 2, Benny Future and the Madman from Manchester, Countdown, Another Version Of You, Soul, and Big Time Beach Party.
Catherine Joy Perry
Lana, CJ, CJ Perry, The Ravishing Russian
Gainesville, Florida, United States
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
CJ Perry studied at the Riga Choreography School (the ballet school of the Latvian National Opera).
She later got enrolled at the Florida State University (FSU) in Tallahassee and graduated with a major in acting and dancing.
Lana took acting classes at the Edgemar Center for the Arts.
She also studied at The Groundlings School to improve her stage skills. There, she was tutored by Lesly Kahn and Larry Moss.
Professional wrestler, professional wrestling manager, model, actress, dancer, singer
- Father – He was employed as a Christian Missionary in the Latvian SSR.
- Mother – She was a ballet dancer.
- Siblings – Lana has 3 younger siblings.
- Others – Robert Phillip Perry (Paternal Grandfather), Florence U. Morrissey (Paternal Grandmother), James William Homeyer (Maternal Grandfather), Betty Sue Culberson (Maternal Grandmother)
CJ Perry has been represented by –
- Stagecoach Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Santa Monica, California, United States
- Tong PO, Inc., Company, Nashville, Tennessee, United States
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lana has dated –
- Bobby Lashley – She previously dated Bobby Lashley, a professional wrestler, mixed martial artist, and armed forces veteran.
- Isaiah Mustafa – According to reports, CJ Perry dated former football player and actor Isaiah Mustafa in the past. They had met in an acting class and went out for a brief period of time. They eventually broke up in 2013.
- Rusev (2014-Present) – The reports of Lana dating Bulgarian wrestler Rusev (real name Miroslav Barnyashev) first surfaced in the American tabloids towards the end of 2014. It was reported that they had grown close while they were working in the NXT division of WWE. In 2016, Rusev surprised her by proposing to her in the swimming pool of their house in Nashville. Initially, she thought that he was playing a prank on her but when she realized he was proposing for real, she was ecstatic. In June 2016, they got married in a beautiful ceremony held on the Malibu beach. It was rumored that they would hold another wedding ceremony in his native Bulgaria.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English, Irish, German, one-eighth Portuguese, one-sixteenth Swedish, and some Scottish descent.
- Defined jawline and strong chin
- Toned and athletic figure
36-24-34 in or 91.5-61-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
8.5 (US) or 6 (UK) or 39 (EU)
Lana has done modeling work for the energy drinks Matrix and Red Bull in her modeling days.
Best Known For
- Her stint in the WWE Smackdown for which she had assumed Lana as her screen name. She was Rusev’s manager when he won the United States Championship.
- Having appeared in a host of reality TV series including The Real Housewives of Atlanta and Total Divas. She is a member of the main cast in Total Divas.
As a Singer
She was a member of the all-girl group “No Means Yes”, which was signed up with Ne-Yo’s record label Compound Entertainment in 2009. They released their only single, Would You Like That in 2009.
In 2011, Lana made her theatrical film debut in the American comedy film, Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son. However, her role in the movie wasn’t credited.
Her first credited role was in the comedy romantic movie, Pitch Perfect, which was released in October 2012.
First TV Show
In 2008, Lana made her first TV show appearance in the Tai/German episode of the reality TV series, The Millionaire Matchmaker.
Lana works out with her personal trainer Rob MacIntyre, who is well known for having worked with John Cena and Nikki Bella. When it comes to the gym workout, she likes to lift heavy. Her workouts are focused on big lifts such as snatches, squats, and deadlifts. She even claims that the barbell squat has changed her life.
She usually schedules her heavy lifting sessions for 4 days a week. She also adds cross-training and cardio to her workout regime, and such workouts are scheduled two or three days a week. To make her workout regime well-rounded, she also goes for hot yoga which she performs at least two times a week.
Regarding diet, Lana believes in keeping it balanced. She believes that as long as everything is in moderation, there shouldn’t be any qualms about eating anything. You can always have a cookie or an ice cream as long as portions are small.
To make sure that Lana eats healthy and clean while traveling, she takes along pre-packaged meals which she keeps in a cooler. By doing so, she ensures that when a hunger pang hits, she has something healthy to munch on.
Lana Favorite Things
- Basketball Team – Los Angeles Clippers
Source – What Culture
- In April 2017, she alleged that she was “violated” during an inappropriate behavior in Boston. She took to her Twitter to blast Boston Logan International Airport for the incident.
- At the age of 14, she started performing with the Latvian National Ballet.
- While studying at the Florida State University, she was a part of the cheerleading group known as Florida State Cowgirls, who were famous for dressing up as cowgirls during matches.
- Early in her career, she worked as a backup dancer for popular music artists such as Akon, Keri Hilson, Pink, Nelly, and Usher.
- She spent most of her childhood and her early teens in Latvia. Her family chose to remain there even during the turbulent times of its independence from the Soviet Union.
- In her late teens, she performed ballet at the iconic Ballet Hispanico, Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, the Martha Graham Center of Contemporary Dance, and Broadway Dance Center.
- Alongside the likes of Bruce Willis, Frank Grillo, Lochlyn Munro, and others, she co-starred as Sol Cantos in the science fiction action film, Cosmic Sin, in 2021.
Featured Image by Miguel Discart / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0