|Frank Grillo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10.5 in|
|Date of Birth||June 8, 1965|
Frank Grillo is an American actor known for appearing in popular TV shows and films like Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, and The Purge: Anarchy. He has done endorsement work for popular brands like Sure Deodorant, Nike, Ray-Ban, and Gold’s Gym. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 200k followers on Instagram.
Frank Anthony Grillo
Frank, Frank J. Grillo, Kiki
New York City, New York, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Frank completed his graduation from the prestigious New York University with a major in business. He had a brief stint working on Wall Street before deciding to shift focus on his acting career.
- Siblings – He has a younger brother and a younger sibling.
- Others – Frank Tateo (Maternal Grandfather), Jennie Aurrichio (Maternal Grandmother)
Frank is represented by CAA and Management 360.
5 ft 10.5 in or 179 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Frank Grillo has dated –
- Kathy Grillo (1991-1998) – Frank married Kathy in 1991. After nearly 7 years of marital bliss, the two decided to part ways in 1998. They also have a son named Remy (b. January 1997).
- Wendy Moniz (1998-2020) – Frank met actress Wendy on the sets of the soap opera Guiding Light. The two instantly connected and began dating. The duo decided to take their relationship a step further and decided to move in together in 1998. Frank and Wendy tied the knot in 2000 and got blessed with 2 sons named Liam (b. August 2004) and Rio (b. January 2008). The couple separated in 2020.
- Nicky Whelan (2020-Present) – In 2020, he started dating Australian actress Nicky Whelan.
Race / Ethnicity
Frank has Italian ancestry.
- Chiseled face
- Tattoo on his arm
Frank has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Miller Genuine Draft beer
- Superare Fight Goods
- Sure Deodorant (1997)
- Gold’s Gym
Best Known For
His high-profile role in Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier as Brock Rumlow/Crossbones and Sgt. Leo Barnes in The Purge: Anarchy.
Frank Grillo made his theatrical film debut in the drama film The Mambo Kings as Machito, in 1992.
First TV Show
Frank Grillo made his television show debut in the crime drama series Silk Stalkings in 1993 as Franco LaPuma.
Frank was always athletic and practiced boxing when he was in school. He developed an attraction towards martial arts and boxing in his 20’s. Frank begins his day at 6 in the morning and heads towards the boxing gym to practice for 2 hours.
He has also mastered the art of Brazilian jiu-jitsu and holds a black belt. He often posts pictures of his rigorous workout on his Instagram. His boxing trainer is Jason Lee.
He works out 7 days of the week. Along with his dedicated workout regimen, Frank also follows a disciplined diet that does not include dairy products and grains. His fat sources come from nuts, seeds, and avocado.
He does not believe in the concept of counting calories and does not check his weight. He occasionally loves binging on junk food and admits his weakness to red wine, which he consumes on a daily basis.
Frank Grillo Favorite Things
- Movie – The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976), Deliverance (1972)
- Actors – Charles Bronson, Clint Eastwood, Mel Gibson
Source – We Got This Covered
Frank Grillo Facts
- He considers himself to be very passive and family-oriented.
- Frank revealed that he was bullied in school and hence, he learned boxing for self-defense.
- He has a celebrity crush on Robin Wright.
- In November 2022, Frank purchased a mansion in Los Angeles for $6.6 million.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0