John Felix Anthony Cena
Prototype, Dr. of Thuganomics, The Franchise, The Marine, The Champ, The Chain Gang Soldier, Super Cena, The Face of the WWE, The Face That Runs The Place
West Newbury, Massachusetts, United States
Tampa, Florida, United States
John graduated from Cushing Academy in Ashburnham, Massachusetts.
He further attended Springfield College in Springfield, Massachusetts to receive a degree in exercise physiology in 1998.
Professional wrestler, actor, hip-hop artist
- Father – John Cena, Sr.
- Mother – Carol (née Lupien)
- Siblings – Dan Cena (Brother), Matt Cena (Brother), Steve Cena (Brother), Sean Cena (Brother)
- Others – Tony Lupien (Maternal Grandfather) (Baseball Player)
John Cena is signed with WWE, Inc.
Kenny Bolin is his manager at WWE.
Hardcore hip hop
He has released his musical contributions by WWE and Columbia Records.
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
114 kg or 251 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
John Cena dated –
- Lisa Marie Varon (2002) – In 2002, John briefly dated former bodybuilder and wrestler Lisa Marie Varon. She is about 7 years his senior.
- Elizabeth Huberdeau (2002-2012) – In 2002, he met Elizabeth at a high school and started dating him. When Cena was busy promoting his film 12 Rounds (2009), he announced his engagement to Liz. On July 11, 2009, the couple got married. But, this marriage went for merely three years. He filed for divorce from Elizabeth on May 1, 2012. On July 18, the divorce was finalized.
- Mickie James (2008-2009) – John Cena and wrestler Mickie James were an item for a relatively short period of time. The couple ended things abruptly and Mickie was left disturbed by John Cena’s absence in her life.
- Barbie Blank (2012) – Long-time friends John Cena and Barbie Blank, both wrestlers first met at WWE. From February 2012 to June 2012, the wrestlers were RUMORed to be dating each other.
- A.J. Brooks (2012) – In late 2012, wrestlers A.J. Brooks and John Cena were RUMORed to have had a fling with each other.
- Maria Kanellis – Wrestlers Maria Kanellis and John Cena were RUMORed to have had a fling when she kissed him backstage and they were believed to be dating in real life.
- Nicole Garcia (2012-2018) – In November 2012, John Cena started dating another wrestler, Nicole Garcia (aka Nikki Bella). They had first met at WWE. During WrestleMania 33, John Cena proposed to Nikki and the couple got engaged on April 2, 2017. But, the engagement didn’t last long and they revealed their separation in April 2018, after 1 year of engagement.
Race / Ethnicity
John has Italian ancestry on his dad’s side while he is of English and French-Canadian descent on his mom’s side.
- Personality suitable for an acting career.
- Calm Look
John Cena’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 52 in or 132 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 19 in or 48 cm
- Waist – 36 in or 91.5 cm
His shoe size is speculated to be 11.5 (US).
John has appeared in lots of television commercials such as
- Stacker 2 YJ Stinger (2004)
- Bad Boy Furniture Warehouse Ltd (2004)
- Emerald Downs Racetrack (2006)
- Subway sandwich (2007)
- Gillette Fusion razors (2009)
- Video Game – WWE Raw vs. Smackdown (2009)
- Foot Locker
He has also been seen in a commercial for Gold’s Gym, energy drink YJ Stinger, etc.
Best Known For
Working with WWE since November 1999.
First Wrestling Match
He made his wrestling debut on November 5, 1999. He started training himself at Ultimate Pro Wrestling’s Ultimate University in 1999 until March 2001.
He released his debut album You Can’t See Me along with his cousin Tha Trademarc. The album also contains his entrance song “The Time is Now.”
John appeared in comedy film Ready to Rumble for his minor role as a gym trainer. It was an uncredited cameo.
First TV Show
In 2009, John Cena appeared as himself in the NBC’s late-night live TV sketch comedy series Saturday Night Live in the episode #18 of season 34.
When he was starting in professional wrestling, he was training himself at Ohio Valley Wrestling, and Ultimate Pro Wrestling’s university.
John can squat more than 700 pounds.
You may want to check out his complete workout routine and diet plan.
- Finishing Moves
- AA – Attitude Adjustment / FU
- Killswitch / Protobomb / Protoplex
- STFU / STF
- Signature Moves
- Diving leg drop bulldog
- Emerald Flowsion
- Five Knuckle Shuffle
- Half nelson dropped into a neck breaker
- Running leaping shoulder block
- Running one-handed bulldog
- Sitout hip toss
- Sitout powerbomb
- Springboard stunner
- Sunset flip powerbomb
- Tornado DDT
John Cena Favorite Things
- Anime Film – Fist of the North Star (1986)
- All-Time Favorite Film – Tropic Thunder (2008)
- Signature Move – Ric Flair’s Figure Four Leglock
- Flick – Star Wars movies, Smokey and the Bandit 1 and 2 (Not the 3rd part)
- Muscle Car – 1970 Pontiac GTO, Ram F4
- Sports Teams – Red Sox fan (Baseball), Boston Celtics (Basketball), New England Patriots (American Football)
Source – IMDb, Men’s Fitness
John Cena Facts
- While in college, he used to play college football (American football played by students). In his team, he was the NCAA Division III All-American center and used to wear #54 shirt.
- After finishing college, he started bodybuilding.
- He has also worked as a limousine driver in the past.
- As per this tweet, John Cena used to do maximum 611 lbs squat weight in 2015 whereas, in 2016, he increased that weight to 750 lbs (approx).
- In 2009, John got a Chris Greicius Celebrity Award for his contribution towards Make-A-Wish Foundation.
- John has also contributed as a singer and rapper from 2004 to 2005 and later in 2014.
- From 2004 to 2005, he was actively working as a rapper, actor and professional wrestler.
- If he could wrestle anyone from the past, he would likely to do that with Andre the Giant just to see if he could earn Andre’s respect.
- He is a huge fan of muscle cars. He also takes interest in Japanimation, NASCAR races, and golf (plays once in a while).
- He is a cigar aficionado.
- Join John Cena on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.