|RM Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||September 12, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
RM or Rap Monster is a member of the boyband BTS. The other members of the band include Jin, Suga, J-Hope, Jimin, V, and Jungkook. RM was a brilliant student in school. His IQ is 148. He has been compared with rappers Pitbull and Flo Rida in the past by writer Peter A. Berry. RM who is the leader and main rapper of the band BTS was also the first member to be included in the band.
RM, Rap Monster, Leader Mon, RapMon, God of Destruction
Ilsan-gu, Goyang, South Korea
RM was a good academic student. He managed to pass university entrance examinations for maths, language, social studies, and foreign language in the top 1.3%.
He was also enrolled at the Global Cyber University from where he graduated with honors with a major in performing art and broadcasting.
Songwriter, record producer, and rapper
- Siblings – Kim Geong-min (Younger Sister)
Kim Nam-Joon is signed up with Big Hit Entertainment.
K pop, hip hop
Big Hit Entertainment
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kim Nam-joon has dated
- Jennie Kim (2017) – In April 2017, the South Korean tabloids reported that RM was going out with singer Jennie Kim. They were spotted leaving a restaurant, which led to the rumors that they were out on a date. However, there was no indication from sources close to RM and Kim that they were dating. Also, after that particular sighting, they were never seen together in the public.
Race / Ethnicity
But, he has been seen with green, blonde, and red dyed locks.
- Unique hair colors
- Chocolaty good looks
As a member of BTS, Kim Nam-joon has served as a brand ambassador of Puma. His band has also served as a brand ambassador for Lotte Free Duty Shop.
The other brands he has promoted as a member of BTS include
- 109 (Japanese department store chain)
- Yahoo Wi-Fi
- LG Electronics
He describes himself as an atheist in his interviews.
Best Known For
Being a member of the groundbreaking and immensely popular South Korean boy band, BTS. They have managed to achieve tremendous commercial success with their albums such as The Most Beautiful Moment in Life, Part 2 and The Most Beautiful Moment in Life: Young Forever, have achieved success in foreign markets as well and were charted on Billboard 200 too.
In June 2013, his music group released their debut Korean album, 2 Cool 4 Skool. The album was ranked #1 on Korean music charts.
BTS‘s first Japanese album was Wake Up, which was released in December 2014 and peaked at the 3rd spot on the Japanese music charts.
In March 2015, RM released his first solo mixtape, RM, which was featured by the Spin magazine in a list featuring 50 Best Hip Hop Albums of 2015.
First TV Show
In 2013, Kim Nam-joon made his first TV show appearance in the reality TV series, Rookie King: Channel Bangtan.
RM Favorite Things
- Food – Korean knife noodles
- Computer Game – Maple Story
- Character – Ryan from Kakao Friends/Talk
- Color – Black
- Super Power – Invisibility
- He holds the distinction of being the first member to be inducted into the BTS band. He had managed to ace Big Hit Talent audition in 2010 to secure his position with the band.
- Apart from his native Korean and Japanese, he is also fluent in English, which he has learned on his own by watching TV shows.
- While growing up, he briefly studied in New Zealand.
- He started his solo rap career under the stage name of Runch Randa.
- In 2008, he performed with the emerging Korean hip hop group, Zico. He also briefly performed with hip hop group, Daenamhyup.
- He was made a member of the panel of celebrities for the talk show, Hot Brain: Problematic Brain, which discussed social issues and issues affecting youth.
- He is a fervent supporter of the LGBTQ causes and advocates equality for them in the society.
- In 2017, the American rap magazine XXL included him in the list featuring “10 Korean Rappers You Should Know”.
- Hear more from him on YouTube.
Featured Image by Rap Monster / Instagram