|RM Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||September 12, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
RM or Rap Monster is a member of the boyband BTS. The other members of the band include Jin, Suga, J-Hope, Jimin, V, and Jungkook. RM was a brilliant student in school. His IQ is 148. He has been compared with rappers Pitbull and Flo Rida in the past by writer Peter A. Berry. RM who is the leader and main rapper of the band BTS was also the first member to be included in the band.
RM, Rap Monster, Leader Mon, RapMon, God of Destruction
Ilsan-gu, Goyang, South Korea
Hannam-dong, Seoul, South Korea
RM was a good academic student. He managed to pass university entrance examinations for maths, language, social studies, and foreign language in the top 1.3%.
He was also enrolled at the Global Cyber University from where he graduated with honors with a major in performing art and broadcasting. In March 2019, he started attending Hanyang Cyber University‘s Master of Business Administration program in Advertising and Media.
Songwriter, record producer, and rapper
- Siblings – Kim Geong-min (Younger Sister)
Kim Nam-Joon is signed up with Big Hit Entertainment.
K pop, hip hop
Big Hit Entertainment
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kim Nam-joon has dated
- Jennie Kim (2017) – In April 2017, the South Korean tabloids reported that RM was going out with singer Jennie Kim. They were spotted leaving a restaurant, which led to the rumors that they were out on a date. However, there was no indication from sources close to RM and Kim that they were dating. Also, after that particular sighting, they were never seen together in the public.
Race / Ethnicity
But, he has been seen with green, blonde, and red dyed locks.
- Unique hair colors
- Chocolaty good looks
As a member of BTS, Kim Nam-joon has served as a brand ambassador of Puma. His band has also served as a brand ambassador for Lotte Free Duty Shop.
The other brands he has promoted as a member of BTS include
- 109 (Japanese department store chain)
- Yahoo Wi-Fi
- LG Electronics
In March 2023, he was announced as the first celebrity brand ambassador for Bottega Veneta.
He describes himself as an atheist in his interviews.
Best Known For
Being a member of the groundbreaking and immensely popular South Korean boy band, BTS. They have managed to achieve tremendous commercial success with their albums such as The Most Beautiful Moment in Life, Part 2 and The Most Beautiful Moment in Life: Young Forever, have achieved success in foreign markets as well and were charted on Billboard 200 too.
In June 2013, his music group released their debut Korean album, 2 Cool 4 Skool. The album was ranked #1 on Korean music charts.
BTS‘s first Japanese album was Wake Up, which was released in December 2014 and peaked at the 3rd spot on the Japanese music charts.
In March 2015, RM released his first solo mixtape, RM, which was featured by the Spin magazine in a list featuring 50 Best Hip Hop Albums of 2015.
In December 2022, he released his debut solo album titled Indigo. Later that month, RM became the first Korean soloist ever to enter the top 3 of the Billboard 200 chart when Indigo reached the No. 3 spot on the chart. In January 2023, he set a new record by becoming the first Korean male soloist to have an album spend 5 weeks on the Billboard 200 chart.
First TV Show
In 2013, Kim Nam-joon made his first TV show appearance in the reality TV series, Rookie King: Channel Bangtan.
RM Favorite Things
- Food – Korean knife noodles
- Computer Game – Maple Story
- Character – Ryan from Kakao Friends/Talk
- Color – Black
- Super Power – Invisibility
Source – Wikia.com, SBS.com.au
- He holds the distinction of being the first member to be inducted into the BTS band. He had managed to ace Big Hit Talent audition in 2010 to secure his position with the band.
- Apart from his native Korean and Japanese, he is also fluent in English, which he has learned on his own by watching TV shows.
- While growing up, he briefly studied in New Zealand.
- He started his solo rap career under the stage name of Runch Randa.
- In 2008, he performed with the emerging Korean hip-hop group, Zico. He also briefly performed with the hip hop group, Daenamhyup.
- He was made a member of the panel of celebrities for the talk show, Hot Brain: Problematic Brain, which discussed social issues and issues affecting youth.
- He is a fervent supporter of LGBTQ causes and advocates equality for them in society.
- In 2017, the American rap magazine XXL included him in the list featuring “10 Korean Rappers You Should Know”.
- In 2018, RM underwent septoplasty for his nasal septum deviation.
- In November 2019, he purchased a house in the Yongsan District of Seoul for ₩4.9 billion. In 2020, she sold the property for ₩5.8 billion.
- In December 2020, the Arts Council of Korea honored him as one of the “10 Patrons of the Arts” for donating more than ₩100 million to the National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art for distributing various rare art books to libraries and schools in rural regions.
- In September 2021, he donated ₩100 million to the Cultural Heritage Administration (CHA) and the Overseas Cultural Heritage Foundation.
- In December 2021, it was revealed that RM had tested positive for coronavirus.
- Kim Nam-joon was named the world’s most handsome man in 2022 by TC Candler. He defeated Henry Cavill to get the title.
- In January 2023, BTS’s RM had set a new record to become 1st K-pop soloist to spend 6 weeks on Billboard 200 with the solo album Indigo. His album was ranked at #193 for the week ending January 28, 2023, but the album had debuted at #15 back in December 2022 on Billboard 200.
- In May 2023, RM was appointed as the public relations ambassador for the MDA (Ministry of National Defense) Agency for KIA (Killed in Action) Recovery & Identification.
- In August 2023, he said that he was trying to eat just once a day. However, he was not able to follow it daily.
- In August 2023, he was involved in a controversy and was called Islamophobic when he shared Frank Ocean’s song Bad Religion. He clarified that he would not apologize for that as he didn’t want to hurt any religious sentiment.
- In September 2023, it was revealed that RM and all the other members of BTS had renewed their contracts with BigHit Music.
Featured Image by Rap Monster / Instagram