|Suga Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¼ in|
|Date of Birth||March 9, 1993|
Suga is a rapper from South Korea who is a member of the k-pop band BTS. It was formed by Big Hit Entertainment in 2013. The other members of the BTS band are Jin, J-Hope, RM, Jimin, V, and Jungkook. He is the second oldest member of the Bangtan Boys (BTS) band and serves as the lead rapper. Until 17, he worked at a recording studio as a part-timer. He openly supports LGBTQ+ community.
Suga, Agust D, Min Suga, Savage, Black Suga, Motionless Min, Sugar, Min Monarch
Daegu, South Korea
Suga went to the Taejeon Elementary School.
He later got enrolled at the Gwaneum Middle School. He has also studied at the Apgujeong High School. Plus, he has also enrolled in a course provided by Global Cyber University.
Rapper, singer, and record producer
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Min Geum-jae (Older Brother)
Suga is signed up with Big Hits Entertainment.
Hip hop, R&B, K pop
Big Hits Entertainment
5 ft 9¼ in or 176 cm
65 kg or 143 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Suga has dated
- Suran (2018) – Suga has been linked with singer Suran on numerous occasions. These dating rumors were pretty incessant in March 2018 as they were spotted wearing couple items. He has produced her single Wine, which was released in April 2017 and it was claimed that they had grown close while working on the song. It was also claimed that they were hinting at their relationship through social media activity. She had posted Shine word on her Instagram, which many felt referred to Suga’s birth date. However, this gossip was quashed by Big Hits Entertainment in their public statement. Soon after, Suran also posted a lengthy post on her Instagram account insisting that she wasn’t dating Suga.
Race / Ethnicity
But, he has experimented with a number of hair colors.
- His love for bright colored hair colors.
- Boyish good looks
Suga has appeared in TV commercials for the following brands –
- SK Telecom
As a member of BTS, he has done endorsement work for the following
- Lotte Duty-Free Shop
- Yahoo WiFi
- LG Electronics
Best Known For
Being a member of the popular South Korean boy band, BTS (also known as Bangtan Boys). The band is known for its immense popularity and commercial success of their studio albums such as Dark & Wild, The Most Beautiful Moment in Life Part 2, and The Most Beautiful Moment in Life: Young Forever.
His debut studio album with BTS was 2 Cool 4 Skool, which was released in June 2013. The album peaked at the 5th spot on the South Korean album charts.
As a solo artist, in August 2016, he released his mixtape Agust D on Soundcloud and decided against releasing it commercially. In February 2018, he decided to re-release it for digital purchase.
First TV Show
In 2013, Suga made his first TV show appearance on the reality TV show, Rookie King: Channel Bangtan.
Suga Favorite Things
- Food – Meat
- Color – Black and white
- Number – 3
Source – Wikia
- His music band BTS holds the distinction of being the first South Korean band to have a music album featured as high as the 7th position on Billboard 200. This position was attained by their 2017 release Love Yourself: Her.
- In May 2016, Twitter released the first ever k-pop emoji featuring Suga’s band BTS.
- When his music group won the Top Social Artist Award, it became the first Korean group to have won an award at the Billboard Music Awards.
- He started writing music at the age of 13. To learn more about music, he took a part-time job in a recording studio at the age of 17.
- Early in his music career, he used to perform in the underground rap scene under the stage name of Gloss.
- In 2010, along with the hip hop collective D-Town, he released a single, 518-062. The song was written in memory of Gwangju Uprising.
- While studying in school, he used to play basketball as a shooting guard. In fact, his stage name is taken from the first syllables of the Korean term for shooting guard.
- He has taken music training with his BTS group mates RM and J-Hope for about 3 years.
- He is a passionate supporter of the LGBTQ community and has often spoken about their rights and equality in the society.
- He has been open about his struggle with social phobia and depression. He has also worked to raise awareness about mental health.
- In 2014, he had promised his fans that he would buy meat for them if he became a successful music artist. On the eve of his 25th birthday in 2018, he gave away 10 kg of prime Korean beef to 39 orphanages in the name of BTS fanbase.
- His music group has performed in concerts to raise funds for LISA, which is a non-profit organization that funds research into degenerative retina disease treatment and raises awareness about visually impaired.
- Follow Suga’s band BTS on YouTube.
Featured Image by TenAsia / YouTube / CC BY 3.0