Hobi, Hope, Smile Hoya
Gwangju, South Korea
Seoul, South Korea
J-Hope studied at the Gwangju Global High School. After completing his school education, he joined the Global Cyber University.
J-Hope also received a commissioned education in Gwangju in the Academy of Rap and Dance, after signing a contract with Big Hit.
Rapper, Dancer, Composer
- Siblings – Jung Da Won aka Mejiwoo (Older Sister) (Instagram Star)
J-Hope is managed by Big Hit Entertainment.
Big Hit Entertainment
5 ft 9¾ in or 177 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
J-Hope is single, as he is busy shaping his career leaving him with no time for relationships. But there are few qualities that he expects from his lady love. He wants a person who is thoughtful, good at cooking, enjoys reading all sorts of books and is committed to him alone.
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
He often tends to dye his hair ‘blonde’, ‘red’ or ‘pink’.
- Crop hairstyle with long fringes
- Innocent looking face with soft facial features
J-Hope has been featured in the TV commercials for the following brands –
- Korean ASMR Crispy Fried Chicken
- SK Telecom – CF NUGU
Best Known For
- Being a member of BTS (Bangtan Boys), a seven-member all boys Korean pop group.
- His dance moves. He was famous in Gwangju underground dance community. He has also won several dance competitions and was once a part of the NEURON dance group.
On June 12, 2013, BTS released their debut single album 2 Cool 4 Skool under the label Loen Entertainment and Big Hit Entertainment. The album has 9 songs including 2 hidden songs. “No More Dream” is the lead song on the album.
First TV Show
In 2013, he made his first TV show appearance on the talk show After School Club as a guest.
J-Hope hates working out. He is a dancer and gets his share of the workout from his dance practices. J-Hope has a well-maintained physique and is light on his feet. He can do flips and swings.
J-Hope Favorite Things
- Color – Green
- Season – Spring
- Number – 7
- Song To Listen To On Rainy Days – Remy Shand’s ‘Rocksteady’
- Song From Their Album Skool Luv Affair – Just One Day
Source – BTS Diary
- He moved to Seoul in 2010, when he joined Big Hit.
- His role model is Benzino.
- His motto in life is, “If you don’t work hard, there won’t be a good result.”
- If he could have one superpower, he’d want the power to read people’s mind and know the truth.
- He has a dog named Mickey.
- His ideal date would be to walk down the beach holding hands with his girlfriend.
- J-Hope is terrible when it comes to drawing.
- Jung likes watching melodramatic movies as he is a sensitive person and such movies help him in writing soulful lyrics.
- The 3 things he requires to complete his happiness are his family, good health, and true love.
- Visit his band BTS’s official website @ ibighit.com.
- Follow him on Facebook and YouTube.
Featured Image by Hope Smiling / jhope218.com / CC BY-4.0