|David Lynch Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||January 20, 1946|
David Lynch is a notable American filmmaker, painter, musician, singer, sound designer, photographer, and actor. He is known for films like Eraserhead, The Elephant Man, Blue Velvet, Lost Highway, and Mulholland Drive, and TV series Twin Peaks. His credit as a musician includes studio albums such as BlueBOB, Crazy Clown Time, and The Big Dream. He has authored books like Images, Catching the Big Fish, and Room to Dream.
David Keith Lynch
Missoula, Montana, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Filmmaker, Painter, Musician, Singer, Sound Designer, Photographer, Actor
- Father – Donald Walton Lynch (Research Scientist for USDA)
- Mother – Edwina Lynch (English Language Tutor)
- Siblings – John Lynch (Younger Brother), Martha Lynch (Younger Sister)
Industrial, Blues, Experimental Rock, Ambient, Modern Classical, Electropop, Dream Pop, Free Jazz
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
David Lynch has dated –
- Peggy Lynch (1967-1974) – They got married in 1967 and divorced in 1974. They have a daughter named Jennifer Lynch (b. 1968).
- Doreen Small
- Mary Fisk (1977-1987) – They got married on June 21, 1977, but, divorced on August 29, 1987. They have a son named Austin Jack Lynch (b. 1982)
- Isabella Rossellini (1986-1990)
- Mary Sweeney (2006-2007) – They married on May 10, 2006, and settled for divorce on February 12, 2007. They have a son, Riley Lynch (b. 1992).
- Emily Stofle (2009-Present) – They got married on February 26, 2009. They have a daughter named Lula Boginia Lynch (b. 2012)
Race / Ethnicity
He has Scottish, Irish, English ancestry on his father’s side and Finnish and German ancestry on his mother’s side.
David Lynch Favorite Things
- Films – The Wizard of Oz (1939), Vertigo (1958), Glen or Glenda (1953)
Source – IMDb
David Lynch Facts
- He finds small-towns in the United States fascinating.
- He was an Eagle Scout.
- David often designs and builds the furniture in his films.
- He wrote the character of Gordon Cole in Twin Peaks with himself in mind.
- Some of his influencers include Luis Buñuel, Werner Herzog, Federico Fellini, Ingmar Bergman, Stanley Kubrick, and Roman Polanski.
- He is an avid coffee drinker.
- He practices transcendental meditation religiously and founded the David Lynch Foundation in 2005.
Featured Image by kargaltsev / Flickr / CC BY-2.0