|Baro Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||September 5, 1992|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Baro is a South Korean singer, rapper, lyricist, voiceover artist, and actor who is known for having been a member of the South Korean boy band, B1A4. He was a part of several of B1A4‘s albums, EPs, and songs such as Ignition, Good Timing, Who Am I, Let’s Fly / It B1A4, What’s Happening?, In the Wind, Sweet Girl, and Solo Day. Moreover, Baro has also appeared in many shows and movies and has gained a huge social media fan base as he enjoys more than 800k followers on Instagram.
Gwangju, South Korea
Singer, Rapper, Lyricist, Actor, Voice Actor
- Siblings – Cha Yoon-ji (Younger Sister) (Soloist)
Baro is represented by HODU&U Entertainment.
WM Entertainment, HODU&U Entertainment
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Baro is of South Korean descent.
- Often wears a cap
- High cheekbones
- He was revealed as the 2nd member of B1A4 after Jinyoung.
- As a member of B1A4, Baro released his first full-length album, Ignition, on March 14, 2012, via WM Entertainment and it comprised of songs such as Just the Two of Us, This Time Is Over, You Are My Girl, Super Sonic, and Baby I’m Sorry. Moreover, the album was ranked at number #2 in the South Korea Hanteo Weekly Album Chart as well as the South Korea Gaon Weekly Albums Chart and at number #46 in the Japan Oricon Weekly Album Chart.
- In 2014, he provided vocals to the character of Bobo in the dubbed version of the German 3D computer-animated film, The Seventh Dwarf, whose lead cast comprised of actors such as Peyton Roi List, Norm MacDonald, Nina Hagen, and Breckin Meyer.
- Baro has also played a few roles in other films like Kim Young-chan in Misaeng: Prequel and Hyeon-woo in Close Your Eyes.
- He played the role of Ki Young-kyu in the SBS thriller time travel drama TV series, God’s Gift: 14 Days, in the year 2014. The show starred Lee Bo-young, Cho Seung-woo, Kim Tae-woo, Jung Gyu-woon, and Kim Yoo-bin and for his performance on the show, Baro was nominated for awards like the 50th Baeksang Arts Award, 16th Seoul International Youth Film Festival Award, and 3rd APAN Star Award.
- His other TV roles include his appearances as Binggeure in Reply 1994, Jo Seok-tae in Manhole, Hwang Dong-yoon in Less Than Evil, Robin Cha in Persevere, Goo Hae-Ra, Kim Gil-Do (young) in The Master of Revenge, Cha Sun-woo in Two Hearts, and Kwak Han-cheol in Level Up.
- Being a former member of B1A4, he has been a recipient of a couple of awards like the Gaon Chart K-Pop Award, 26th Golden Disk Award, 21st Seoul Music Award, Japan Gold Disc Award, and 21st Korean Entertainment Arts Award.
- In 2015, he was nominated for the 34th MBC Drama Award in the “Best New Actor in a Miniseries” category for his role as Hong Sang-tae in Angry Mom.
- One of Baro’s many talents includes beatboxing.
- He struggles with a fear of heights i.e. acrophobia.
Featured Image by 실버아이TV / YouTube / CC BY 3.0