|Jung Jin-young Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||November 18, 1991|
Jung Jin-young is a South Korean singer, songwriter, record producer, and actor who is known for being the leader of the k-pop boy group B1A4 which includes members CNU, Sandeul, Gongchan, and Baro. As a member of the group, his credits include a number of albums and tracks which include Ignition, Who Am I, Good Timing, B1A4 Fan Hits Korea, Let’s Fly /It B1A4, In the Wind, What’s Happening?, Solo Day, Sweet Girl, Rollin’, Beautiful Target, Only Learned Bad Things, The Time is Over, Baby Good Night, Oyasumi Good Night, A Day of Love, Do You Remember, and You and I. Jung Jin-young has also proved his skills as an actor and has been cast in a variety of shows and movies such as She Is Wow, Miss Granny, Warm and Cozy, Persevere, Goo Hae-ra, Master Key, A Hyung I Know, Go! Series, Moonlight Drawn by Clouds, Drama Special, Man of Will, The Man Inside Me, and My First First Love. Moreover, Jung Jin-young has amassed an impressive social media fan base with more than 2 million followers on Instagram and more than a million followers on Twitter.
Arctic Fox, Mirror Prince
Chungju, North Chungcheong Province, South Korea
Jung Jin-young studied music composition, acting, and singing for around 2 years before he started his career as a member of the k-pop boy band, B1A4.
Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Actor
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Jung Jin-young has an older sister.
Jung Jin-young is represented by Link 8 and WM Entertainment.
WM Entertainment, Pony Canyon, Universal J (Japan)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jung Jin-young has not dated anyone publicly yet and also prefers to keep his personal life away from the public eye. Therefore, it is difficult for us to ascertain anything about his love life and relationship history.
However, he has revealed that his ideal woman would be an older woman who is respectful and kind.
Race / Ethnicity
Jung Jin-young is of South Korean descent.
- Gentle looks
- Pouty lips
- Charming smile
Best Known For
- Being the leader as well as the lead vocalist of the k-pop boy band named B1A4 which has released a number of albums and tracks such as Ignition, Who Am I, Good Timing, Let’s Fly / It B1A4, Let’s Fly, What’s Happening?, In the Wind, Sweet Girl, Only Learned Bad Things, The Time is Over, Beautiful Target, Baby Good Night, It’s Christmas, A Lie, Beautiful Target, Oyasumi Good Night, and Do You Remember
- Having garnered a huge social media fan base with more than 2 million followers on Instagram and more than a million followers on Twitter
As a member of the k-pop boy band B1A4, Jung Jin-young released his debut studio album, Ignition, on March 14, 2012, via WM Entertainment. It consisted of songs such as Baby I’m Sorry, This Time Is Over, Just the Two of Us, Super Sonic, You Are My Girl, Wonderful Tonight, and So Fine. The album was ranked at number #4 in the South Korea Gaon Monthly Album Chart, at number #2 in the South Korea Gaon Weekly Albums Chart as well as South Korea Hanteo Weekly Album Chart, and at number #46 in the Japan Oricon Weekly Album Chart.
B1A4 released its first Japanese studio album, titled 1, on October 24, 2012, via Pony Canyon. It comprised of several songs such as Beautiful Lie, Oyasumi Good Night, Waruikoto Bakari Manande, Tipping Point, Wake Me Up, Beautiful Target, and One Love and was ranked at number #2 in the Oricon Daily Singles Chart and at number #5 in the Oricon Weekly Singles Chart.
Jung Jin-young made his first theatrical film appearance as Ban Ji-ha (as Jin Yeong) in the comedy fantasy music drama film, Miss Granny, in 2014. It starred actors Na Moon-hee and Shim Eun-kyung.
First TV Show
Jung Jin-young made his first TV show appearance on The Thousandth Man in 2012.
Jung Jin-young has maintained a lean physique by leading an active life.
Jung Jin-young Favorite Things
- Movie – War of the Worlds
- Song By B1A4 – My Love
- Color – Red, Black
- Genre – Electronic Music, Ballad
- Singer – Lee Seung-chul
Source – Wattpad.com
Jung Jin-young Facts
- He was discovered via Cyworld as there was a photo of him posted on the website.
- It is assumed that if B1A4 were an actual family, Jung Jin-young would be the dad.
- On April 11, 2011, he became the very first member of B1A4 who was revealed to the public. Soon after, the boy group made its debut on April 23, 2011, on MBC’s music series titled Show! Music Core.
- It was confirmed by WM Entertainment on June 30, 2018, that Jung Jin-young and his groupmate, Baro, had left the agency as their contracts had ended and they did not renew their deals. Later, on November 16, 2018, it was further revealed that all 5 members of the group, B1A4, would be ending their journey with the agency to continue promoting as B1A4.
- According to Jung Jin-young, he is the 3rd most handsome member in the group while he considers Gongchan as the most handsome member of the boy group.
- At the 2016 KBS Drama Awards, Jung Jin-young was honored with the “Best New Actor” award for his role as Kim Yoon-sung in the TV drama series, Love in the Moonlight. In 2018, he won a Choice Award at the 3rd Asia Artist Awards for the same.
- He has revealed that he just cannot do without his laptop which is like a treasure to him.
- He as well as Gongchan both have acrophobia i.e. fear of heights.
- Jung Jin-young has appeared as a guest on several shows such as A Hyung I Know and Master Key.
- He is a big fan of Will.i.am, the lead member as well as the founding member of the hip hop group, The Black Eyed Peas, and has always wanted to work with him.
- His B1A4 group mates think that he is a little self-obsessed.
- Jung Jin-young’s looks resemble the looks of actor and television personality Yoon Shi-yoon, drummer and vocalist Choi Min-hwan, actor and former singer Lee Joon, and actor Jung II-woo.
- He has been cast in a variety of roles in shows such as Jung Poong-san in Warm and Cozy (2015), Kang Se-chan /Ray in Persevere, Goo Hae-ra (2015), and Oh Dong-kyeong in Drama Special (2017).
- His lucky color is red.
- If Jung Jin-young could have any superpower, he would want to possess the power to earn a lot of money.
- He enjoys watching Doraemon and loves having Spam (food).
- Jung Jin-young knows how to cook and is, in fact, a great cook.
- In 2019, he was cast as Kim Dong-hyun in the fantasy comedy film, The Dude In Me, in which he starred alongside the likes of Park Sung-woong and Ra Mi-ran.
- He has also played the role of Seo Do-hyun in the Netflix series, My First First Love.
- Follow Jung Jin-young on Instagram, Spotify, SoundCloud, and Twitter.
Featured Image by 147 Company / 147company.com / CC BY 4.0