|Alexis Ohanian Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||April 24, 1983|
Alexis Ohanian is an American internet entrepreneur and investor who is best known for being the co-founder and executive chairman of Reddit along with Aaron Swartz and Steve Huffman. He is the co-founder of the venture capital firm Initialized Capital and helped in launching the website Hipmunk. Alexis is also a partner at Y Combinator. He published his first book titled Without Their Permission: How the 21st Century Will Be Made, Not Managed in October 2013. Alexis has launched numerous podcasts such as NYRD Radio, Business Dad, and Upvoted.
Brooklyn, New York, United States
San Francisco, California, United States
Alexis attended Howard High School in Maryland.
In 2005, he graduated from the University of Virginia in commerce and history.
Internet entrepreneur, activist, investor, author
- Father – Chris Ohanian
- Mother – Anke Ohanian (Worked as an Au Pair)
6 ft 5 in or 196 cm
96 kg or 212 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Alexis Ohanian dated –
- Sabriya Stukes (2011-2015) – American scientist and the co-founder of Connect With STEM, Sabriya Stukes and Alexis were an item for 4 years from 2011 to 2015.
- Serena Williams (2016-Present) – On December 29, 2016, Alexis announced his engagement with tennis star Serena Williams. Serena and Alexis have a child together, daughter Alexis Olympia Ohanian, Jr. (b. September 1, 2017). On November 16, 2017, Serena and Alexis married each other.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Armenian-American ancestry on his dad’s side while he is of German descent on his mom’s side.
- Tall frame
- Often keeps medium stubble beard
14 (US) or 47 (EU) (via Twitter)
Best Known For
Being the co-founder of the social news website Reddit
He first appeared in the documentary film Aardvark’d: 12 Weeks with Geeks as himself in 2005.
First TV Show
In 2010 and 2011, Alexis was seen in the comedy show SMBC Theater as himself in a total of 2 episodes.
Alexis Ohanian Favorite Things
- Favorite Internet Thing – Seeing 2 random people connecting together on the Internet and creating something that didn’t exist before.
Source – YouTube
Alexis Ohanian Facts
- In 2010, Alexis co-founded venture capital firm Initialized Capital.
- As an investor, he has helped businesses like Breadpig (Social Enterprise) and Hipmunk (Travel Search Website).
- Ohanian has served as a partner at seed accelerator “Y Combinator.”
- While growing up, he used to play professional football.
- With co-founder Steve Huffman, he co-founded Reddit.com in June 2005 just after completing his university degree.
- Due to his work in the Open Internet, he was named the most influential activist of 2012 by The Daily Dot.
- In October 2014, Alexis launched the NYRD Radio podcast where he talks with famous entrepreneurs.
- To help startups grow, he started the weekly online series “Small Empires with Alexis Ohanian” in mid-2013.
- In October 2013, Ohanian released his first book “Without Their Permission: How the 21st Century Will Be Made, Not Managed.”
- In 2011 as well as 2012, Alexis was included in Forbes‘ “30 Under 30” list.
- In 2016, he was included in the “Most Creative People in Business” list by Fast Company.
- In June 2021, Alexis bought rapper Lil Dicky‘s song Save Dat Money as NFT for $23,209 in an auction. He now became entitled to a cut (which would be paid in Ethereum) of all the future mechanical, public performance, and sync royalties for the song.