|Lil Dicky Quick Info
|5 ft 11 in
|Date of Birth
|March 15, 1988
Lil Dicky is an American rapper and comedian who has earned enormous fame for his unique brand of comedic hip-hop. He is a major social media sensation and has millions of followers and subscribers on various platforms. His march to viral fame started with the release of the music video of his single, Ex-Boyfriend in 2013. Since then, he has gone on to collaborate with established music artists such as Chris Brown, T-Pain, Trinidad James, Snoop Dogg, and Rich Homie Quan.
David Andrew Burd
Lil Dicky, LD
Cheltenham Township, Pennsylvania, United States
Lil Dicky went to the Cheltenham High School in his hometown. After completing his school studies, he got enrolled at the University of Richmond. In 2010, he graduated from the university summa cum laude.
Songwriter, Rapper, Comedian
Lil Dicky is represented by –
- Scooter Braun, General Manager
- Lee Anderson, Booking Agent (US), Paradigm Agency
- Matt Meyer, Booking Agent (US), Paradigm Agency
- Steve and Josh, Booking Agent (International), X-ray Touring
Hip-hop, Pop-rap, Comedy Hip-hop
School Boy Records
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lil Dicky has revealed that his previous heartbreak has given him inspiration for his musical works. His song Molly was inspired by the heartbreak suffered from his ex-girlfriend leaving him and the pain he endured by attending her wedding.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.
- Curly and messy hair
- Bushy Beard
Lil Dicky has appeared in the TV commercials for fast food chains such as Hardee’s and Carl’s Jr.
Best Known For
- The immense popularity of his single, Freaky Friday, which had Chris Brown as the featured artist. The song was an immense success all over the world and featured in the top 10 of the charts in several countries including New Zealand, Canada, Ireland, Australia, and the United Kingdom.
- The viral popularity of his music videos on YouTube. He has more than 4 million subscribers on the video streaming platform.
- His strong presence on various social media platforms. He has more than 2 million followers on his official Instagram account.
In July 2015, he released his debut studio album, Professional Rapper, which was certified as ‘Gold’ in the United States. The album also peaked at the top of US Indie and US Comedy music charts.
First TV Show
In 2015, Lil Dicky made his first TV show appearance on the comedy TV series, The Playboy Morning Show.
Lil Dicky Favorite Things
Source – Wikipedia
Lil Dicky Facts
- Before he started completely focusing on his rap career, he used to work as an account manager at an advert agency named Goodby, Silverstein & Partners. However, after his monthly reports that were sent as rap videos became popular, they decided to shift him to the creative department.
- While working in the creative department of the agency, he wrote copy for popular adverts including the NBA‘s “BIG” campaign.
- At the age of 14, he got an opportunity to open for the legendary R&B group, 112.
- He started rapping while he was studying in the 5th grade in school. He had done the history report on Alexander Pushkin using rap rhymes.
- Lil Dicky had originally started his rap career so that he could use his comedic ability to bag opportunities to work as a writer on movies and TV shows.
- He started work on his debut mixtape, So Hard, in 2011. However, it took him 2 years to complete the mixtape. Most of the music for the mixtape was recorded using a $400 microphone and MacBook Pro.
- He got his first big breakthrough with the release of the music video of Ex-Boyfriend in 2013. The video earned more than a million views on YouTube within 24 hours.
- In February 2014, he hosted his first live concert at TLA in Philadelphia. Soon, he signed a representation contract with CMSN.
- For his debut album, he collaborated with several established rappers including Snoop Dogg, Rich Homie Quan, T-Pain, Fetty Wap, and Hannibal Buress.
- He was included by XXL magazine in the 2016 Freshmen line-up in June 2016. The other notable artists featured in the list include Kodak Black, Anderson .Paak, 21 Savage, Lil Uzi Vert, Dave East, Denzel Curry, and Desiigner.
- In June 2021, he sold his song Save Dat Money in an NFT auction for $23,209 to Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian.
- Visit his official website @ lildicky.com.
Featured Image by Kayla Johnson / Flickr / CC BY-2.0