|Gavin Creel Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||April 18, 1976|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Gavin Creel is an American actor, singer, songwriter, voiceover artist, theatre actor, and producer who has gained acclaim with his theatre work and has been a part of productions like Hello, Dolly!, The Book of Mormon, Waitress, La Cage aux Folles, Hair, Thoroughly Modern Millie, A Tale of Two Cities, Bat Boy: The Musical, Honk!, Spring Awakening, She Loves Me, Fame, Bright Lights, Big City, Mary Poppins, and Prometheus Bound. His role as Cornelius Hackl in Hello, Dolly! won him a Tony Award while he won a Laurence Olivier Award for originating the West End version of Elder Price in The Book of Mormon at Prince of Wales Theatre. He has also played the role of Elder Price in the US National Tour and on Broadway at the Eugene O’Neill Theatre. In addition to that, Gavin Creel has been cast in projects including Rapunzel’s Tangled Adventure, Eloise at Christmastime, She Loves Me, and Eloise at the Plaza.
Gavin James Creel
Findlay, Hancock County, Ohio, United States
Gavin Creel attended Findlay High School and was in FFE (Findlay First Edition), a show choir. In 1994, he graduated from Findlay High School. Later, Gavin studied at the University of Michigan School of Music, Theatre & Dance and graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in musical theatre in 1998.
Actor, Theatre Actor, Singer, Songwriter, Voiceover Artist, Producer
- Siblings – Heather (Older Sister), Allyson (Older Sister)
Gavin Creel has been repped by William Morris Agency NY, Talent and Literary Agency, New York City, New York, United States.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Gavin Creel has dated –
- Jonathan Groff (2009-2010) – In 2009, he started going out with actor and singer Jonathan Groff but their romance soon ended the following year in January.
Race / Ethnicity
- Lean physique
- Thin lips
- A mole on his cheek
Gavin Creel Facts
- He was voted homecoming king at his high school.
- Alongside Rory O’Malley and Jenny Kanelos, Gavin Creel co-founded the LGBT activist group named Broadway Impact.
- In 2019, he did voiceover work in the animated fantasy-comedy television series, Rapunzel’s Tangled Adventure.
- Along with comedian and television personality Rosie O’Donnell, Creel has been a regular on the LGBT RFamilyVacations cruise.
- Gavin Creel was diagnosed with COVID-19 in 2020 and announced the news days after leaving Waitress in London.
Featured Image by Nick Stepowyj / Flickr / CC BY 2.0