|Ryan Potter Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||September 12, 1995|
Ryan Potter is an American actor, martial artist, and photographer who is best known for his portrayal of the characters of Mike Fukanaga in the superhero action-comedy TV series Supah Ninjas (2011–2013), Hiro Hamada in the superhero comedy animated TV series Big Hero 6: The Series (2017-Present), and Garfield Logan / Beast Boy in the superhero web TV series Titans (2018-Present). He has also starred as Peter Hammer in the teenage drama film Senior Project (2014) and Jo in the romance film Running for Grace (2018). The character of Hiro Hamada has been a regular feature in his acting career. Before playing him in the TV series Big Hero 6: The Series, he had voiced the character in the animated film Big Hero 6 (2014). He has also lent his voice to the character in multiple action-adventure video games including Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes (2014), Disney Infinity 3.0 (2015), and Kingdom Hearts III (2019).
Ryan K. Potter
Iron Ryan, Ry, Lil R
Portland, Multnomah County, Oregon, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Ryan had attended the renowned The Juilliard School, a private performing arts conservatory in New York City.
Actor, Martial Artist, Photographer
- Mother – Jordanna Potter-Lew
- Others – James Lew (Step-Father) (Martial Arts Actor, Stunt Coordinator, Stunt Double), Kenneth Lee Potter (Maternal Grandfather), Elaine Rhoda Cray (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
67 kg or 147.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ryan has dated –
- Gracie Dzienny (2011–2013) – Ryan began dating actress and model Gracie Dzienny in May 2011 after they had co-starred in the superhero action-comedy TV series Supah Ninjas. They parted ways in February 2013.
- Bethany Mota (2013)
- Stephanie LeBlanc (2015)
- Sydney Park (2015–2017)
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Asian and White)
He is of Japanese descent on his father’s side and Swedish, English, German, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, and, Ashkenazi Jewish descent on his mother’s side.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Clean-shaven look
- Charming smile
Ryan Potter Facts
- Born in Portland, Oregon, Ryan was raised in his father’s native Japan until the age of 7 after which he returned to the United States and was raised by his single mother. He later took his mother’s surname, Potter, as his last name.
- Although his first language was Japanese, he lost touch with it over time due to limited usage in the United States. When he was 8 years old, he had started getting trained in the Chinese martial art of White Tiger Kung Fu. A versatile talent, he could also play the drums and would dabble in sports such as baseball (catcher, second base, and center-field) and skateboarding during his school days.
- His acting career kicked off in 2010, when he noticed a leaflet during a kung fu class which mentioned that the children’s TV channel Nickelodeon was casting teenagers for its martial-arts based show titled Supah Ninjas. He decided to audition and was selected for the lead role of Mike Fukanaga.
- In 2011, he had founded a charitable organization called Toy Box of Hope through which he had launched a toy collection drive in Los Angeles to share them with children in homeless shelters and transitional living facilities.
Featured Image by Ryan Potter / Instagram