|Shilpa Shinde Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||August 28, 1977|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Shilpa Shinde is an Indian actor and reality television personality who is best known for appearing as Angoori Manmohan Tiwari in the &TV sitcom Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hai!. Moreover, she has been a part of many other shows such as Chidiya Ghar, Bhabhi, Devon Ke Dev…Mahadev, Lapataganj, Kabhi Aaye Na Judaai, Hari Mirchi Lal Mirchi, Hatim, Betiyaan Apni Yaa Paraaya Dhan, Tum Bin Jaaoon Kahaan, Amrapali, Awaz – Dil Se Dil Tak, Aandhi, Sanjivani, Miss India, Do Dil Ek Jaan, Raat Hone Ko Hai, Solhah Singaarr, Waaris, Meher, Bigg Boss 11, Rabba Ishq Na Hove, C.I.D., Saath Rahega Always, Maat Pitaah Ke Charnon Mein Swarg, Ghar Ki Lakshmi Betiyann, Maayka, Savdhaan India, and Paurashpur. Shilpa Shinde has also been cast in a few Hindi and Telugu films like Chhina, Patel Ki Punjabi Shaadi, Shivani, and Boondi Raita.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Shilpa Shinde studied psychology at the K.C. College, Mumbai. She failed to obtain her bachelor’s degree.
- Father – Dr. Satyadeo Shinde (High Court Judge)
- Mother – Geeta Shinde (Housewife)
- Siblings – Shubha Shinde (Older Sister), Archana Shinde (Older Sister), Ashutosh Shinde (Younger Brother)
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
65 kg or 143 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shilpa Shinde has dated –
- Romiit Raaj– Shilpa Shinde was previously in a relationship with actor Romiit Raaj. They had met on the sets of the TV show, Maayka. After dating for some time, they got engaged. However, after realizing that they were very different and their opinions differed on a lot of things, they decided to call off their marriage and end their relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Marathi descent.
Shilpa Shinde has appeared in a TV commercial for Laxman Rekha.
Best Known For
- Having played the role of Angoori Bhabhi in the comedy sitcom, Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai!
- Appearing in important roles in popular soap operas such as Sanjeevani (2002-2005) and Bhabhi (2002-2008)
- Having won the 11th season of the popular reality TV show, Bigg Boss in 2018
In 2001, she made her theatrical film debut in the Telugu movie, Chhina.
First TV Show
In 2001, Shilpa Shinde made her first TV show appearance in the daily soap opera, Kabhi Aaye Na Judaai.
Shilpa Shinde Facts
- She got her first breakthrough in 2002 after she was cast in a negative role in the soap opera, Bhabhi.
- As part of her victory in Bigg Boss 11, she was rewarded with a monetary award of INR 44 lakh.
- Her fellow Bigg Boss 11 contestants included Hina Khan, Vikas Gupta, Priyank Sharma, Hiten Tejwani, Arshi Khan, Lucinda Nicholas, Bandgi Kalra, Sapna Choudhary, and others.
- Her most recognized acting gig was in Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hai! but she left the show after having worked for just one year citing mental torture from the producers of the show.
- Shilpa’s father wanted her to study law in college and was never in favor of her becoming an actor. In fact, he had given her one year’s time and if she had failed to become an actor in that period, she would have to go with her father’s wishes.
- When her father passed away in 2013 due to Alzheimer’s disease, she suffered from clinical depression.
- The producers of Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hai! had initially cast her in the glamorous role of Anita Mishra.
- The show producers decided to cast her in the role of Angoori Bhabhi after Rashami Desai, who was already playing that role decided to drop out of the project due to personal reasons.
- She was cast as a dancer in the 2017 Hindi romantic comedy film Patel Ki Punjabi Shaadi, starring Rishi Kapoor, Paresh Rawal, Vir Das, Payal Ghosh, and Prem Chopra.
- Ahead of the 2019 Lok Sabha election, she joined Indian National Congress on February 5, 2019.
- In 2020, she brought to life the character of Queen Meerawati in the Hindi-language historical period original web series Paurashpur. She co-starred in the show alongside Annu Kapoor, Milind Soman, and Shaheer Sheikh.
- In 2022, Shilpa started appearing in the dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa season 10. She was partnered with choreographer Nishchal Sharma.
Featured Image by Shilpa Shinde / Instagram