|Milind Soman Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||November 4, 1965|
Milind Soman is an Indian supermodel, actor, film producer, and fitness promoter who is often regarded as the first male supermodel of the country. He became a household name in the mid and late 1990s through various appearances in TV series and music videos, the most notable of which were his titular role in the sci-fi TV series Captain Vyom (1998–1999) and his key feature in the music video for the chartbuster pop song Made in India (1995). He is also well recognized for his work in movies such as 16 December (2002), Rules: Pyaar Ka Superhit Formula (2003), and Bajirao Mastani (2015); the short film Mukti – Birth of a Nation (2017); and the web series Four More Shots Please! (2019-Present). He has judged the modeling-based reality TV series India’s Next Top Model (2017–2018) and MTV Supermodel of the Year (2019).
Ironman, Marathon Man of Bollywood
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Milind had studied at the Dr. Antonio Da Silva High School and Jr. College of Commerce in Mumbai. After graduating from high school, he had earned a diploma in electrical engineering.
Supermodel, Actor, Film Producer, Fitness Promoter
- Father – Prabhakar Soman (Scientist) (d. 1995)
- Mother – Usha Soman (Teacher)
- Siblings – Netra Soman (Older Sister), Medha Soman (Older Sister), Anupama Soman (Younger Sister)
- Others – Niranjana Konwar (Mother-in-Law), Nagen Konwar (Father-in-Law), Jharna Konwar Baruah (Sister-in-Law)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
86 kg or 189.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Milind has dated –
- Madhu Sapre
- Mylène Jampanoï (2006–2009) – Milind had first met French actress and model Mylène Jampanoï on the sets of the film Valley of Flowers. They soon began dating each other and got married in July 2006. The couple parted ways in 2008 and got divorced in 2009.
- Shahana Goswami
- Ankita Konwar (2013-Present) – Milind started dating air hostess Ankita Konwar in 2013. They tied the knot on April 22, 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
- Toned physique
- Often sports a rugged beard
- Charming smile
- Ever-changing hairstyle
Milind has been featured in the commercials for –
- Old Spice (TV)
- Tuffs Shoes (Print)
- Griveria Suitings (Print)
- Close-Up (TV)
- Oakley (TV)
- Pond’s India (TV)
Milind Soman Facts
- Born in Glasgow, Scotland, Milind was brought up in England till the age of 7 where his family had moved to. In 1973, his family relocated to India and settled in Mumbai where he did his schooling.
- In 2010, he had participated in and finished in 4th place in the 3rd season of the stunt-based reality TV show Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi.
- Before his acting and modeling career took off, he was a successful sportsman. He had held the national swimming championship title for 4 successive years (1984-1987) but gave competitive swimming in 1988 to focus on his modeling career. He had also won a ‘Silver’ medal in swimming at the inaugural South Asian Games held in 1984.
- In 2015, he had completed the Ironman Challenge in 15 hours and 19 minutes, in his very first attempt. He was given the title of ‘Ironman’ as he had completed the prescribed triathlon (3.8-km swim, 180.2-km cycle ride, and 42.2-km run) within the time limit of 17 hours.
- In March 2021, he was tested positive for COVID-19.
Featured Image by Milind Soman / Instagram