|Shaheer Sheikh Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||March 26, 1984|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Shaheer Sheikh is an Indian actor and model who is best known for his work in several Hindi-language soap operas such as Anant Bajpai in Navya..Naye Dhadkan Naye Sawaal (2011), Arjun in Mahabharat (2013-2014), Dev Dixit in Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi (2016-2017) and Abir Rajvansh in Yeh Rishtey Hain Pyaar Ke (2019-2020). The mythology-based TV series Mahabharat became a big hit in Indonesia and made Shaheer a big star in that country. Shaheer went on to host reality TV shows there such as Panah Asmara Arjuna (2014) and Asia’s Got Talent (2015). He also acted as Reehan Syahputra in the first 2 seasons of the soap opera Cinta di Langit Taj Mahal. He is also an entrepreneur and owns an event management company.
Shaheer Nawaz Sheikh
Bhaderwah, Doda, Jammu and Kashmir, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Shaheer graduated from the Hari Singh Higher Secondary School in Jammu. He then earned a Bachelor of Law (L.L.B.) degree from New Law College at Bharati Vidyapeeth University in Pune.
- Father – Shahnawaz Sheikh
- Mother – Dilshad Sheikh
- Siblings – Aleefa Sheikh (Younger Sister), Raies Sheikh (Younger Brother), Ifrah Sheikh (Sister)
6 ft or 183 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Shaheer has dated –
- Ayu Ting Ting (2015) – Shaheer had dated Indonesian singer Ayu Ting Ting in 2015 and she had helped him in getting acquainted with the local language. However, the cultural differences between the two eventually became a reason for their split.
- Ruchikaa Kapoor (2019-Present) – Shaheer met Ruchikaa Kapoor, the head of the Balaji Telefilms films division, on the set of the Hindi movie Judgemental Hai Kya in 2019. After dating her for over one and a half years, they got married on November 27, 2020, in a court wedding.
Race / Ethnicity
- Toned physique
- Charming smile
- Often sports a rugged stubble
- Dishevelled hair
He has been featured in a TV commercial for Asian Paint with actress Erica Fernandes.
Shaheer Sheikh Facts
- After earning his law degree, Shaheer did not pursue a career in that field and instead started as a photographer. He eventually stepped into modeling before making his acting debut in 2009 with the sitcom Kya Mast Hai Life where he played the character of a teenager who loves music.
- For his portrayal of Anant Bajpai in the drama TV series Navya..Naye Dhadkan Naye Sawaal (2011), he won the ‘GR8! Performer of the Year (Male)’ award at the Indian Television Academy (ITA) Awards.
- He also won the ‘Star of the Year’ award at the 2016 Asiavision Awards for his work as Dev Dixit in the romantic drama TV series Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi (2016-2017).
- In 2017, he was numero uno in The Times of India‘s list of ’20 Most Desirable Men in Indian Television’. The following year, he was placed 4th.
- He also made it to the ‘Top 25’ in the weekly newspaper Eastern Eye‘s ’50 Sexiest Asian Men’ list in 2016, 2018, and 2019.
- In August 2018, owing to his popularity in the country, he was chosen by the Indonesian Government to participate in the torch relay of the Asian Games held in Jakarta.
Featured Image by Shaheer Sheikh / Instagram