|Paddy McGuinness Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||August 14, 1973|
Paddy McGuinness is an English actor, comedian, and TV presenter who is best known for hosting 11 series (2010–2019) of Take Me Out, a British dating-based TV game show. In 2019, he was named one of the 3 co-hosts of the globally popular Top Gear, a British motoring-based factual TV program. In 2021, he was announced as the new host of Question of Sport, a British TV sports quiz show that is considered to be the world’s longest-running TV sports quiz show. The show has regularly been on air since 1970 (with 2 notable exceptions – 1973 and 1978).
Patrick Joseph McGuinness
Farnworth, Bolton, Greater Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Bolton, Greater Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Paddy had attended the Mount St. Joseph School, a mixed Roman Catholic secondary school in his hometown of Farnworth.
Actor, Comedian, TV Presenter
- Father – Joe McGuinness (Musician)
- Siblings – Tony McGuinness (Brother) (DJ, Musician)
- Others – Johnny Martin (Ex-Father-in-Law), Joan Martin (Ex-Mother-in-Law), Jamie Martin (Ex-Brother-in-Law), Billie-Jo Martin (Ex-Sister-in-Law)
He has been represented by YMU Group, Talent Management Firm, London, England, United Kingdom.
Paddy McGuinness’ net worth had been $10 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
81 kg or 178.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Paddy has dated –
- Abi Titmuss (2004)
- Christine McGuinness (2008–2022) – Paddy began dating English model, TV personality, and former beauty pageant contestant Christine McGuinness (b. Christine Martin) in 2008. They got married on June 4, 2011, and have 3 children together – 2 daughters named Felicity Rose McGuinness (b. September 9, 2016) and Penelope Patricia McGuinness, and a son named Leo Joseph McGuinness. Penelope and Leo are twins (b. July 2, 2013). Christine and all 3 of the couple’s children have been diagnosed with autism. In 2021, Paddy and Christine released a documentary (that was also aired on BBC) titled Paddy and Christine McGuinness: Our Family and Autism to raise awareness about the autism spectrum, a range of neurodevelopmental conditions generally characterized by difficulties in social interactions and communication. This documentary had been nominated in the ‘Authored Documentary’ category of the 2022 National Television Awards. In 2022, the couple started a podcast titled Table Talk with Paddy and Christine McGuinness. In July 2022, they announced that they had separated, after 11 years of marriage, but would continue to live together in their family home.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irish descent.
- Toned physique
- Close-cropped hair
- Often sports a rugged stubble
Paddy has served as the brand ambassador of –
- Pizza Hut (American multinational restaurant chain) (appointed in 2013)
- Jackpot Joy (online gaming company) (appointed in 2017)
He has been featured in the TV commercials for –
- Victor Chandler (British bookmaker) (November 2010)
- Greggs plc (British bakery chain)
Paddy McGuinness Facts
- Paddy had participated in Soccer Aid (a British annual (formerly biennial) charity event that has raised more than £35 million in aid of UNICEF UK) in 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, and 2018.
- In September 2010, he launched his first book titled My Guide to the North: (and Scotland & Wales, oh, and less important places i.e. the South).
- In June 2018, he revealed in an interview that he had been diagnosed with arthritis several years ago.
- In October 2021, Paddy released his autobiography titled My Lifey.
- He is a lifelong supporter of the English professional soccer club Bolton Wanderers F.C.
- Paddy had his radio show on Bauer City 1 stations, which ran from 2014 until 2017.
- He was diagnosed with depression in the past after his ex-wife Christine spotted the signs of the disorder.
Featured Image by Paddy McGuinness / Instagram